windows version 2.5.31: point and click

Katrien de Vos
I tested the latest version 2.5.31-1 for windows. I noticed that in the
map usr\bin lilypond-invoke-editor.bat was missing. So I could not
change the settings for my favourite editor. As a result the lilypad
editor was started when I used point and click in the pdf-file (the TTF
problem seems solved). The cursor didn't jump to the right position.

Jaap de Vos

Re: windows version 2.5.31: point and click

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Katrien de Vos writes:

> I tested the latest version 2.5.31-1 for windows. I noticed that in
> the map usr\bin lilypond-invoke-editor.bat was missing. So I could not
> change the settings for my favourite editor.

BAT files are deprecated.  Try setting LYEDITOR in your global
environment settings.

> As a result the lilypad editor was started when I used point and
> click in the pdf-file (the TTF problem seems solved). The cursor
> didn't jump to the right position.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll have a look.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:

>> As a result the lilypad editor was started when I used point and
>> click in the pdf-file (the TTF problem seems solved). The cursor
>> didn't jump to the right position.

> Thanks for reporting this, I'll have a look.

Point and click with lilypad works for me, you'll have to be more specific.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: windows version 2.5.31: point and click

Bertalan Fodor

>BAT files are deprecated.  Try setting LYEDITOR in your global
>environment settings.

I've set it to myedit.bat
It starts, but doesn't get the parameters.

Bert

Bertalan Fodor writes:

> I've set it to myedit.bat
> It starts, but doesn't get the parameters.

If you want parameters, you'll have to specify them all in LYEDITOR.

The current algorithm just finds the name of the editor, and if it is
recognised (emacs, jedit, lilypad, ...) it [re]constructs the full
command line with parameters.

`myedit.bat' is not a recognised editor ;-)

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: windows version 2.5.31: point and click

Bertalan Fodor

>If you want parameters, you'll have to specify them all in LYEDITOR.

What does that mean? Like this?
set LYEDITOR=myedit.bat %file(s) %line(s)

Anyway, doesn't this miss from editor.scm (line 70):
  (re-sub "%\\(char\\)s" (format #f "~a" char)

Bertalan Fodor writes:

> What does that mean? Like this?
> set LYEDITOR=myedit.bat %file(s) %line(s)

Yes.  Probably quoted, but that depends on the flavour of Windows.

> Anyway, doesn't this miss from editor.scm (line 70):
>   (re-sub "%\\(char\\)s" (format #f "~a" char)

Fixed in CVS, together with using it in the various command lines.

Thanks.
Jan.