windows user of lilybook (wanted for help)

windows user of lilybook (wanted for help)

Mehmet Okonsar-3
Is there any windows user having succeeded to get lilypond-book
running?
Please help by telling Python version, Lilypond version, Miktex
version and location,
environment variables etc..
Thanks

-------------
Best regards,
Mehmet Okon┼čar, pianist-composer
www.okonsar.com

Re: windows user of lilybook (wanted for help)

Darius Blasband
I managed to get it to work by installing cygwin's tex, Python,  shell,
etc... together with the
native Lilypond for windows (not the cygwin version!)  It's a bit ugly
at first sight, but it works.
I postponed trying to get it to work under Python under native NT as
soon as it started working
(Don't have exact version numbers here... Am at the office right now !!!)

Can get more info if you want me to...

Darius.

Mehmet Okonsar wrote:

>Is there any windows user having succeeded to get lilypond-book
>running?
>Please help by telling Python version, Lilypond version, Miktex
>version and location,
>environment variables etc..
>Thanks
>

>-------------
>Best regards,
>Mehmet Okon?ar, pianist-composer
>www.okonsar.com
>[hidden email]

Re: windows user of lilybook (wanted for help)

John Wiedenhoeft
If you don't mind, I would have a better suggestion: lilypond-book is
ugly to setup, and takes a lot of compilation time. But in MikTeX, there
is a program called pdfcrop which cuts the white spaces away from a pdf
file. Make pdf scores with lilypond, use pdfcrop for producing snippets,
and include them into your tex file as if they where normal graphics.
It's much more easy and faster, since the snippets are produced only
once, not with every compilation process ;-)

Best regards,
John

Re: windows user of lilybook (wanted for help)

Han-Wen Nienhuys
John Wiedenhoeft wrote:
> If you don't mind, I would have a better suggestion: lilypond-book is
> ugly to setup, and takes a lot of compilation time. But in MikTeX, there
> is a program called pdfcrop which cuts the white spaces away from a pdf
> file. Make pdf scores with lilypond, use pdfcrop for producing snippets,
> and include them into your tex file as if they where normal graphics.
> It's much more easy and faster, since the snippets are produced only
> once, not with every compilation process ;-)

Actually, lilypond-book also caches the snippets. If the snippets tend
to change, then lp-book is more convenient, since  it will keep track of
dependencies.

John Wiedenhoeft wrote:
> If you don't mind, I would have a better suggestion: lilypond-book is
> ugly to setup, and takes a lot of compilation time. But in MikTeX, there
> is a program called pdfcrop which cuts the white spaces away from a pdf
> file. Make pdf scores with lilypond, use pdfcrop for producing snippets,
> and include them into your tex file as if they where normal graphics.
> It's much more easy and faster, since the snippets are produced only
> once, not with every compilation process ;-)

If there is interest, PDFLaTeX support for lilypond-book is also a
sponsorable feature.

Re: PDFLaTeX support (WAS: windows user of lilybook (wanted for help))

D Josiah Boothby
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> If there is interest, PDFLaTeX support for lilypond-book is also a
> sponsorable feature.

How much?

D Josiah Boothby wrote:
>> If there is interest, PDFLaTeX support for lilypond-book is also a
>> sponsorable feature.

> How much?

60 euro.

Re: PDFLaTeX support (WAS: windows user of lilybook (wanted for help))

Markian Hlynka
there is interest from me as well... but neither the time to do it
myself nor the money to sponsor, so this is just a statement of
interest for now.

Markian

On Nov 13, 2005, at 17:01, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> D Josiah Boothby wrote:
>>> If there is interest, PDFLaTeX support for lilypond-book is also
>>> a sponsorable feature.
>
>> How much?
>
> 60 euro.
>
> --
>  Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

----
When arguing with an idiot, be sure they aren't doing the same.