where does "override Score.BarNumber ....." go

where does "override Score.BarNumber ....." go

James Wilkinson
where does "override Score.BarNumber ....." go
All the examples that I've found using this line have it in with the notes:

    \override  Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)

I'm making a full score for maybe two dozen instruments, each with its own music expression. Everywhere that I tried putting this line in the description of the score itself caused LilyPond to barf. I finally stuck it into the beginning of the Flute I part and got what I wanted on the page, but it just doesn't seem right to have to put it into the music for one of the instruments instead of into the score specification.

What's wrong with me?

Jimmy Wilkinson            | Professor Emeritus of Computer Science
[hidden email]        | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424
http://www.cs.cofc.edu/~jimmy

If there is one word to describe me, that word would have to be "profectionist".
Any form of incompitence is an athema to me.
Metathesis??? Don't ax me.
Just between you and I, the grammar used by Americans are getting worse.
I can only help but wonder what the cause of this might be.
It just ceases to amaze me how it could be the case, but mostly I could care less.

Re: where does "override Score.BarNumber ....." go

Jay Anderson
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM, James Wilkinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> All the examples that I've found using this line have it in with the notes:
>     \override  Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)
> I'm making a full score for maybe two dozen instruments, each with its own
> music expression. Everywhere that I tried putting this line in the
> description of the score itself caused LilyPond to barf. I finally stuck it
> into the beginning of the Flute I part and got what I wanted on the page,
> but it just doesn't seem right to have to put it into the music for one of
> the instruments instead of into the score specification.
> What's wrong with me?

If you want it to apply globally here's probably what you're wanting to do:

\version "2.13.31"

\layout
{