upgrading

Sacha Standen
Hello

I've downloaded version 2.5.29-2 for Windows, but can't run the program. I'm using Windows ME. I've uninstalled the old version (2.4.3) through Cygwin setup and then installed 2.5.29 and now have an icon on the desktop (marked ly and entitled lilypond) which didn't exist with the old version. But when I double click this icon, it appears to be opening and a window opens for a split second before disappearing again. Meanwhile I can't open any of my LilyPond files without reinstalling version 2.4.3. I've accessed the lilypad in properties', and I can save it as an ly file, but when I double click the icon to generate a PDF output it starts to process it for about one second, then closes the 'bash' window. Is this a bug or am I being incompetant?

Regards

Sacha

Re: upgrading

Mats Bengtsson-6
If you look through the mailing list archives for the the lilypond-user,
lilypond-devel and bug-lilypond mailing lists over the last week or so,
you will see that there are some problems with Windows ME that hopefully
are being in the process of being solved right now.

    /Mats