trouble with easyHeads

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Hello-
I thought I'd set a few piano exercises for my beginning students in
\setEasyHeads.
However when I put the line after the header just before the 'notes' I
got and error message that it was an unknown 'Identifier' and wouldn't
compile and when I put it in the score/ the piece compiled but without
the letters in the noteheads.

2.6.4
winxp

So where does this belong?  or should I submit both examples?
Jay

--
Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton

Re: trouble with easyHeads

Graham Percival-2

On 28-Jan-06, at 9:53 PM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

> I thought I'd set a few piano exercises for my beginning students in
> \setEasyHeads.
> However when I put the line after the header just before the 'notes' I
> got and error message that it was an unknown 'Identifier' and wouldn't
> compile and when I put it in the score/ the piece compiled but without
> the letters in the noteheads.

As the example in the manual shows, you put \setEasyHeads right before
notes.  I don't mean
\setEasyHeads
melody=\notes{ c'4 }

but instead this:
melody = \notes{
\setEasyHeads
c'4
}

Note also that \notes is a command from old lilypond; you don't need it
any more.

Re: trouble with easyHeads

Rob van den Berg-2
2006/1/30, Graham Percival <[hidden email]>:

On 28-Jan-06, at 9:53 PM, Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

> I thought I'd set a few piano exercises for my beginning students in
> \setEasyHeads.
> However when I put the line after the header just before the 'notes' I
> got and error message that it was an unknown 'Identifier' and wouldn't
> compile and when I put it in the score/ the piece compiled but without
> the letters in the noteheads.

As the example in the manual shows, you put \setEasyHeads right before
notes.  I don't mean
\setEasyHeads
melody=\notes{ c'4 }

but instead this:
melody = \notes{
\setEasyHeads
c'4
}

Note also that \notes is a command from old lilypond; you don't need it
any more.
- Graham

I also noticed that if you enlarge the noteheads with \set fontSize = #3 for example
only the note name inside the notehead is enlarged, not the notehead itself ...
is this a bug ??

Rob