triplets

jutta
Hi,
I need some help with triplets. I want to have 3 triplets in one measure. Each
triplet consists of bbg (example below). So each triplet should be beamed
individually. But: what happens is that all 3 triplets are connected by one
lang beam. What can I do?

Jutta

{
\time 3/4
\key g \major

\times 2/3 { b''8 b' g' }
\times 2/3 { b''8 b' g' }
\times 2/3 { b''8 b' g' }

Re: triplets

Trevor Bača-2
On 12/6/05, jutta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some help with triplets. I want to have 3 triplets in one measure. Each
> triplet consists of bbg (example below). So each triplet should be beamed
> individually. But: what happens is that all 3 triplets are connected by one
> lang beam. What can I do?

Try

         {
         \time 3/4
         \key g \major

         \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
         \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
         \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
         }

with the [ and ] brackets to specify start- and stop-beaming by hand.

--
Trevor Bača

Re: triplets

Mats Bengtsson-6
A better solution is to tell LilyPond to automatically beam the
triplets this way, see "8.6.2 Setting automatic beam behavior" for
more details. For Jutta's example, just add

#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 1 4)
#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 2 4)

before the triplets start.

Also, to save some typing, I would recommend to read about the
tupletSpannerDuration property in the section on Tuplets.
The resulting example could then look something like:

\time 3/4
\key g \major
#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 1 4)
#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 2 4)
\set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
\times 2/3 { b''8 b' g' b''8 b' g' b''8 b' g' }

Trevor Bača wrote:

> On 12/6/05, jutta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I need some help with triplets. I want to have 3 triplets in one measure. Each
>>triplet consists of bbg (example below). So each triplet should be beamed
>>individually. But: what happens is that all 3 triplets are connected by one
>>lang beam. What can I do?
>

> Try
>
>          {
>          \time 3/4
>          \key g \major
>
>          \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
>          \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
>          \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
>          }
>
> with the [ and ] brackets to specify start- and stop-beaming by hand.
>
> --
> Trevor Bača

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: triplets

Frédéric Bron
Why isn't this the default?
Would it be possible to add those rules to auto-beam.scm?

Frédéric

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> A better solution is to tell LilyPond to automatically beam the
> triplets this way, see "8.6.2 Setting automatic beam behavior" for
> more details. For Jutta's example, just add
>
> #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 1 4)
> #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 2 4)
>
> before the triplets start.
>
> Also, to save some typing, I would recommend to read about the
> tupletSpannerDuration property in the section on Tuplets.
> The resulting example could then look something like:
>
> \version "2.6.0"
> {
> \time 3/4
> \key g \major
> #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 1 4)
> #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 12 3 4) 2 4)
> \set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
> \times 2/3 { b''8 b' g' b''8 b' g' b''8 b' g' }
> }
>

>    /Mats
>
> Trevor Bača wrote:
>
>> On 12/6/05, jutta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I need some help with triplets. I want to have 3 triplets in one
>>> measure. Each
>>> triplet consists of bbg (example below). So each triplet should be
>>> beamed
>>> individually. But: what happens is that all 3 triplets are connected
>>> by one
>>> lang beam. What can I do?
>>

>> Try
>>
>>          {
>>          \time 3/4
>>          \key g \major
>>
>>          \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
>>          \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
>>          \times 2/3 { b''8[ b' g'] }
>>          }
>>
>> with the [ and ] brackets to specify start- and stop-beaming by hand.
>>
>> --
>> Trevor Bača
>> [hidden email]

Re: triplets

Mats Bengtsson-6
I forward a generalized version of your question to the developers:
Does anyone object if I submit a patch for the default auto beam
settings corresponding to

#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 3 4) 1 4)
#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 3 4) 2 4)

i.e. that all beams end on every beat in 3/4 (except for 32:th notes where
the beams end at every 8th note already now)?

   /Mats