triplet bracket position

Jukka Akkanen
Here, I would expect the triplet bracket to be in the same position
on both lines, however, it is printed lower the second time:

%%% snip %%%
\version "2.7.4"

\layout {
    indent = 0.0\cm
    raggedright = ##t
}

\relative c'' {
   \time 2/4
   d4  d8 \times 2/3 {a16[ b16 cis16]}
   \break
   b8 g16. d'32 cis32[ a'16. a,16. cis32]
   d4  d8 \times 2/3 {a16[ b16 cis16]}
}
%%% snip %%%

On a related note, I have a piece where I see way too much space
between certain two lines, but I haven't been able to narrow down the
problem yet. Is there a way to get lilypoint to indicate what it's
adding the extra space for?

-Jukka

Re: triplet bracket position

Mats Bengtsson-6
I cannot repeat the problem here, please read
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-08/msg00577.html

    /Mats

Jukka Akkanen wrote:

> Here, I would expect the triplet bracket to be in the same position  on
> both lines, however, it is printed lower the second time:
>
> %%% snip %%%
> \version "2.7.4"
>
> \layout {
>    indent = 0.0\cm
>    raggedright = ##t
> }
>
> \relative c'' {
>   \time 2/4
>   d4  d8 \times 2/3 {a16[ b16 cis16]}
>   \break
>   b8 g16. d'32 cis32[ a'16. a,16. cis32]
>   d4  d8 \times 2/3 {a16[ b16 cis16]}
> }
> %%% snip %%%
>
> On a related note, I have a piece where I see way too much space
> between certain two lines, but I haven't been able to narrow down the
> problem yet. Is there a way to get lilypoint to indicate what it's
> adding the extra space for?
>
> -Jukka

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: triplet bracket position

Erik Sandberg
On Wednesday 24 August 2005 15.40, Jukka Akkanen wrote:

> Here, I would expect the triplet bracket to be in the same position
> on both lines, however, it is printed lower the second time:
>
> %%% snip %%%
> \version "2.7.4"
>
> \layout {
>     indent = 0.0\cm
>     raggedright = ##t
> }
>
> \relative c'' {
>    \time 2/4
>    d4  d8 \times 2/3 {a16[ b16 cis16]}
>    \break
>    b8 g16. d'32 cis32[ a'16. a,16. cis32]
>    d4  d8 \times 2/3 {a16[ b16 cis16]}
> }
> %%% snip %%%
>
> On a related note, I have a piece where I see way too much space
> between certain two lines, but I haven't been able to narrow down the
> problem yet. Is there a way to get lilypoint to indicate what it's
> adding the extra space for?

Can't duplicate. (2.7.8). I think work has been done on tuplet bracket
positioning recently, so upgrading can be a good idea.

--
Erik