\triangle in markup

Jonathan Townes
Greetings,
I have been using \triangle within markup, e.g. c4^\markup
{ \triangle } .
Until upgrading to Lilypond 2.6.5 from 2.6.3 I had no problems. I am,
however, able to use \flat and \sharp in Lilypond 2.6.5.
As an experiment, I reinstalled 2.6.3 and am still receiving the
following error:

Processing `Untitled.ly'
Parsing...
Untitled.ly:5:31: error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting
SCM_T or SCM_IDENTIFIER
        c4^\markup { \triangle
                                } d e f
error: errors found, ignoring music expression
error: failed files: "Untitled.ly"

I am also attaching an excerpt of my previous \triangle success.

Lilypond 2.6.5
Lilypad 2-1
Mac OS 10.4.3

Thanks,
Jonathan Townes

\triangle MAJOR 7.png (25K) Download Attachment

Re: \triangle in markup

Mats Bengtsson-6
If you look in Sect. "8.1.7 Overview of text markup commands"
you will learn that the \triangle markup command has an argument
which should be ##t for a filled triangle and ##f otherwise.

   /Mats

Jonathan Townes wrote:

> Greetings,
> I have been using \triangle within markup, e.g. c4^\markup  {
> \triangle } .
> Until upgrading to Lilypond 2.6.5 from 2.6.3 I had no problems. I am,
> however, able to use \flat and \sharp in Lilypond 2.6.5.
> As an experiment, I reinstalled 2.6.3 and am still receiving the
> following error:
>
> Processing `Untitled.ly'
> Parsing...
> Untitled.ly:5:31: error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting
> SCM_T or SCM_IDENTIFIER
>     c4^\markup { \triangle
>                                } d e f
> error: errors found, ignoring music expression
> error: failed files: "Untitled.ly"
>

> I am also attaching an excerpt of my previous \triangle success.

> Lilypond 2.6.5
> Lilypad 2-1
> Mac OS 10.4.3
>
> Thanks,