textSpanner at arbitrary positions independent of music

textSpanner at arbitrary positions independent of music

Ryan Michael
Hi all

So i have a scenario where I want a textSpanner to follow a heading i have
over the treble clef of a system where there is only action in the left hand (Bass clef). e.g.

%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"
up = \new Staff = "up" {
r1/^\markup{\huge "molto rit."}  r1\startTextSpanner r1 r1\stopTextSpanner
}

down = \new Staff = "down" {
c,,4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4 c4
  \new PianoStaff <<
         \up
   \down

}
%%%%

my issues is that i want the spanner to really start immediately after the markup. do i have to make some fake notes in the right hand to anchor the spanner or can i just move it around by other means?

best,
ryan.
--
ॐ नमः शिवाय

Re: textSpanner at arbitrary positions independent of music

Schneidy
Hi Ryan,
Your example does not compile.
How about putting the text into the sapnner ?
Cheers,
Pierre

Le dim. 14 oct. 2018 à 09:38, Ryan Michael <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

THank you Pierre,
exactly what i was looking for. However, how can i turn off the left textSpan property if i want to span four bars which is broken over two systems, and i don't wish to repeat the "molto rit" for the left attribute of the span in the second system?

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 1:34 AM Pierre Perol-Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I figured it out, I had to make a spacer notes in a seperate voice to cover the system break. e.g.

%%%%%
<<
\new Voice {
\once
\override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text =
  \markup { \upright \huge "molto rit." }
s1\startTextSpan s1 s8 s8 s8 s8 s8 s8 s8 s8 s8\stopTextSpan %here is where the system break occured

}
\new Voice {
r1 r1 r1
}