snippet to automatically elaborate a bass line

snippet to automatically elaborate a bass line

Gianmaria Lari
Is there any snippet that automatically convert the chord accompaniment at the bass in something a bit more elaborate for the midi?

For example, I write this

\version "2.19.82"
lh = \chordmode { c4 a:m d:m g }
rh = \fixed c' { e8-. e-. g-. e-. f16 g f e~ e8 d-. }

\score
  <<
    \new Staff \rh
    \new ChordNames \lh

  \layout {}
  \midi{}
}

and I would like to get (for example) something like this:

\version "2.19.82"
lh = \chordmode { c4 a:m d:m g }
lhMidi = {\clef bass  c,8 <c e g> a,, <a, c e> d, <d f a> g,, <g, b, d> }
rh = \fixed c' { e8-. e-. g-. e-. f16 g f e~ e8 d-. }

\score
  <<
    \new Staff \rh
    \new ChordNames \lh

  \layout {}

  \new PianoStaff
  <<
    \new Staff \rh
    \new Staff \lhMidi

  \midi { }
}

Thank you, g.
P.S. My apologies if the musical words are not correct. I hope I have been clear anyway.

Re: snippet to automatically elaborate a bass line

Valentin Villenave-3
On 1/30/19, Gianmaria Lari <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any snippet that automatically convert the chord accompaniment at
> the bass in something a bit more elaborate for the midi?

Greetings,
something like that?

%%%%%

\version "2.19.82"
lh = \chordmode { c4 a:m d:m g }
rh = \fixed c' { e8-. e-. g-. e-. f16 g f e~ e8 d-. }

    \new Staff \rh

    \new ChordNames \lh

  \layout{}

    \new Staff \rh
    \new Staff \transpose c c, <<
      \transpose c c, \reduceChords \lh
      \\ { s8 \lh }

    \new ChordNames \lh

  \midi{}
}

%%%%%%%

Cheers,
V.

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 at 07:11, Valentin Villenave <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/30/19, Gianmaria Lari <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any snippet that automatically convert the chord accompaniment at
> the bass in something a bit more elaborate for the midi?

Greetings,
something like that?
[....]

I simply copied and pasted, corrected a small bug and tried it. It looks great!

I will check it better asap.

Thanks a lot Valentin!
g.

Frescobaldi broken on Win 10?

William Zeitler-2
This is arguably off topic (from LP) but I'm stuck and don't know where
else to turn.

I was a happy LP/Frescobaldi user on Win7. Finally had to upgrade to
Win10 (ugh!)

When I launch Frescobaldi it silently fails to launch. I've launched it
from the command line to see if there was any error-spew -- nothing.
Just pauses for less than a second and then the command prompt again. I
also installed the latest Python just because, but that didn't help.

I get that WIndows is annoying (I do Linux C/C++ coding for a living)
but all my music software (e.g. Cubase) is on Windows so LP/Frescobaldi
needs to be also, just for basic workflow sanity.

Suggestions?

THANKS!

William Zeitler

Re: Frescobaldi broken on Win 10?

SoundsFromSound
On 2/21/2019 9:18 AM, William Zeitler wrote:
This is arguably off topic (from LP) but I'm stuck and don't know where else to turn.

I was a happy LP/Frescobaldi user on Win7. Finally had to upgrade to Win10 (ugh!)

When I launch Frescobaldi it silently fails to launch. I've launched it from the command line to see if there was any error-spew -- nothing. Just pauses for less than a second and then the command prompt again. I also installed the latest Python just because, but that didn't help.

I get that WIndows is annoying (I do Linux C/C++ coding for a living) but all my music software (e.g. Cubase) is on Windows so LP/Frescobaldi needs to be also, just for basic workflow sanity.

Suggestions?

THANKS!

William Zeitler

Not sure which version you are using and how your path is setup, but try uninstalling everything Frescobaldi first - then install this:

https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/releases/download/v3.0.0/Frescobaldi.Setup.3.0.0-2.exe

See if you get any errors / output.

composer | sound designer | asmr artist

Re: Frescobaldi broken on Win 10?

Karen Billings
William,

I've been running Frescobaldi 2.18.2 in a Windows 10 environment for quite awhile now, but I remember having problems early on in the conversion. I uninstalled Frescobaldi, rebooted, and then reinstalled from a fresh download, and haven't had any real issues since then.

Karen