snippet "Accordion register symbols"

Federico Bruni-2
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=929

This snippet contains a typo and a wrong link to NR:

  texidoc = "
Accordion register symbols are available as @code{\\markup} as well as
as standalone music events (as register changes tend to occur between
actual music events. Bass registers are not overly standardized. The
available commands can be found in 'Accordion Registers' in the
Notation Reference.

"

1. typo: there's a missing closing bracket after "music events".

2. There's no 'Accordion Registers' node anymore in the NR:

$ git grep '@node Accordion' Documentation/notation
Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely:586:@node Accordion
Documentation/notation/notation-appendices.itely:1152:@node Accordion
glyphs

Also, shouldn't we use a cross-ref to link from Snippet to NR manual?
So it should be:

  available commands can be found in @ruser{Discant symbols}

BTW, even if not used anymore in the documentation, wrong node name is
also in this obsolete snippet:
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=194

No need to open an issue, I think, since these changes must be made on
the LSR.

Thanks
Federico

Re: snippet "Accordion register symbols"

David Kastrup
Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> writes:

> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=929
>
> This snippet contains a typo and a wrong link to NR:
>
>  texidoc = "
> Accordion register symbols are available as @code{\\markup} as well as
> as standalone music events (as register changes tend to occur between
> actual music events. Bass registers are not overly standardized. The
> available commands can be found in 'Accordion Registers' in the
> Notation Reference.
>
> "
>
> 1. typo: there's a missing closing bracket after "music events".
>
> 2. There's no 'Accordion Registers' node anymore in the NR:
>
> $ git grep '@node Accordion' Documentation/notation
> Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely:586:@node Accordion
> Documentation/notation/notation-appendices.itely:1152:@node Accordion
> glyphs
>
> Also, shouldn't we use a cross-ref to link from Snippet to NR manual?
> So it should be:
>
>  available commands can be found in @ruser{Discant symbols}
>
> BTW, even if not used anymore in the documentation, wrong node name is
> also in this obsolete snippet:
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=194
>
> No need to open an issue, I think, since these changes must be made on
> the LSR.

Using @ruser carries the danger of documentation builds becoming more
complicated when you want to change section names.  Basically, you need
to put the snippet in snippets/new whenever you do that in order to
synch the change with the current LilyPond version.

Re: snippet "Accordion register symbols"

Thomas Morley-2
Am Fr., 12. Okt. 2018 um 05:51 Uhr schrieb Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=929
>
> This snippet contains a typo and a wrong link to NR:

I now changed the text in LSR to:
Accordion register symbols are available as <code>\markup</code> as
well as as standalone music events (as register changes tend to occur
between actual music events).  Bass registers are not overly
standardized.  The available commands can be found in 'Discant
symbols' in the Notation Reference.

Ok?

Cheers,
  Harm

Re: snippet "Accordion register symbols"

Thomas Morley-2
Am Fr., 12. Okt. 2018 um 05:51 Uhr schrieb Federico Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> BTW, even if not used anymore in the documentation, wrong node name is
> also in this obsolete snippet:
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=194

Text changed to:
This snippet has been obsoleted by predefined markup commands, see
'Discant symbols' in the Notation Reference.
[...]

Cheers,
  Harm