shortest-duration-space

David Rogers-6
Hi all

Does anyone have an example of how to use shortest-duration-space to
increase the horizontal spacing of notes? (This is in a vocal score -
my words are running together badly.)

Thanks in advance
David

Re: shortest-duration-space, Re: lyric spacing

Mats Bengtsson-4
Popular question this morning! Please read the section on "Spacing Lyrics"
in the manual for LilyPond version 2.7.

   /Mats

Quoting Father Panteleimon <[hidden email]>:

> How can I adjust the minimum space allowed between individual words in
> lyrics? They seem too close even when the words aren't particularly long.  I
> don't want to adjust the spacing of the notes per se, just to add a tiny bit
> of space between words, which space won't go away regardless of how short
> the note durations might be.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Monk Panteleimon

Re: shortest-duration-space

Stan Sanderson

On Mar 11, 2006, at 12:25 AM, David Rogers wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of how to use shortest-duration-space
> to increase the horizontal spacing of notes? (This is in a vocal
> score - my words are running together badly.)

David-

I have found it easiest to adjust the size of the type face using
\set fontSize = #-n as in

textA = \lyricmode {
        \set fontSize = #-2
        Ver -- i -- ly,