setting ragged-right at a specific forced break

setting ragged-right at a specific forced break

Benjamin Bloomfield
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way so that when I force a line break using \break, I can have the line that breaks there act as though ragged-right were set in the layout block.

For a better understanding, I will explain why: I am putting line breaks so that each new verse of a hymn starts on a new system, but I don't want the last system of each verse stretched out so much.  This is somewhat more common perhaps in Gregorian chant, and I am using this override so that the last system's staff extends to the right side of the page, even though ragged-last is on:
\override StaffSymbol #'width = #(lambda (grob)
        (ly:output-def-lookup (ly:grob-layout grob) 'line-width))

​So if there is some way of adding as much empty space as will fit on a line before a break, that could work too.  What I basically want is for systems that end with an automatic line break to be justified, but for those that end with my manually specified \break​ to be ragged-right.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Benjamin Bloomfield

Re: setting ragged-right at a specific forced break

Malte Meyn-3

Am 11.08.2017 um 18:23 schrieb Benjamin Bloomfield:
> ​So if there is some way of adding as much empty space as will fit on a
> line before a break, that could work too.  What I basically want is for
> systems that end with an automatic line break to be justified, but for
> those that end with my manually specified \break​ to be ragged-right.

Why don’t you use separate scores?

Re: setting ragged-right at a specific forced break

Benjamin Bloomfield
Perhaps I will have to.  The reason I haven't done it yet, is because this is part of a bigger project, in which only some verses of some hymns are laid out this way, and the lyrics and melodies are all pulled from a database, so it is convenient for the different options within hymns to be as small as possible.  Perhaps using multiple scores will be the only way to do it though.

Thanks,

Benjamin Bloomfield