segfault in 2.19.45

Kevin Barry
Apologies if this is fixed in 2.19.46

It worked in previous versions of 2.19 (I'm not sure when it broke
cause it's not from something i worked on too recently). I am on Linux
64-bit (Fedora). A MWE follows (compiling with no options should
segfault). There must be some kind of problem caused by the slur and
tie ending in the same place.

\version "2.19.45"

{ a( b~ b) }

Starting lilypond 2.19.45 [test.ly]...
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Exited with exit status 1.

Re: segfault in 2.19.45

James Lowe
Hello,

On 29/07/16 15:41, Kevin Barry wrote:

> Apologies if this is fixed in 2.19.46
>
> It worked in previous versions of 2.19 (I'm not sure when it broke
> cause it's not from something i worked on too recently). I am on Linux
> 64-bit (Fedora). A MWE follows (compiling with no options should
> segfault). There must be some kind of problem caused by the slur and
> tie ending in the same place.
>
> \version "2.19.45"
>
> { a( b~ b) }
>
> Starting lilypond 2.19.45 [test.ly]...
> Processing `test.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> Preprocessing graphical objects...
> Finding the ideal number of pages...
> Fitting music on 1 page...
> Drawing systems...
> Exited with exit status 1.
Works in current dev version (2.19.47 - on Ubuntu 16.04)

GNU LilyPond 2.19.47
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `/tmp/lilypond-5c5I5u'...
Converting to `test.pdf'...
Deleting `/tmp/lilypond-5c5I5u'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

James

Re: segfault in 2.19.45

James Lowe
Hello,

On 29/07/16 17:59, James wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On 29/07/16 15:41, Kevin Barry wrote:
>> Apologies if this is fixed in 2.19.46
>>
>> It worked in previous versions of 2.19 (I'm not sure when it broke
>> cause it's not from something i worked on too recently). I am on Linux
>> 64-bit (Fedora). A MWE follows (compiling with no options should
>> segfault). There must be some kind of problem caused by the slur and
>> tie ending in the same place.
>>
>> \version "2.19.45"
>>
>> { a( b~ b) }
>>
>> Starting lilypond 2.19.45 [test.ly]...
>> Processing `test.ly'
>> Parsing...
>> Interpreting music...
>> Preprocessing graphical objects...
>> Finding the ideal number of pages...
>> Fitting music on 1 page...
>> Drawing systems...
>> Exited with exit status 1.
> Works in current dev version (2.19.47 - on Ubuntu 16.04)
>
> GNU LilyPond 2.19.47
> Processing `test.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> Preprocessing graphical objects...
> Finding the ideal number of pages...
> Fitting music on 1 page...
> Drawing systems...
> Layout output to `/tmp/lilypond-5c5I5u'...
> Converting to `test.pdf'...
> Deleting `/tmp/lilypond-5c5I5u'...
> Success: compilation successfully completed
>
> James

And just for completeness

GNU LilyPond 2.19.45
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `/tmp/lilypond-K5sb1Z'...
Converting to `test.pdf'...
Deleting `/tmp/lilypond-K5sb1Z'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

This was built from commit

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=3166508fc708e83c8b691a823f9e3360366fba33

James

Re: segfault in 2.19.45

Kevin Barry
Thank you for taking the time to test it. I'm using the package in
Fedora's repo, so I suppose I should take it up with them? I'm not
sure how to troubleshoot further. Reinstalling didn't help.

Kevin

Re: segfault in 2.19.45

Jon Ciesla
On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Kevin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for taking the time to test it. I'm using the package in
> Fedora's repo, so I suppose I should take it up with them? I'm not
> sure how to troubleshoot further. Reinstalling didn't help.
>
> Kevin

Hi, Fedora lilypond maintainer.  We've actually got our 2.19.45 patched,
but the update was superceded by 2.19.46.  If you do sudo dnf update
lilypond* --enablerepo=updates-testing you should get it.

--
http://cecinestpasunefromage.wordpress.com/

Re: segfault in 2.19.45

Mark Knoop-4
At 18:32 on 29 Jul 2016, Kevin Barry wrote:
>Thank you for taking the time to test it. I'm using the package in
>Fedora's repo, so I suppose I should take it up with them? I'm not
>sure how to troubleshoot further. Reinstalling didn't help.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/commit/?id=b0dce76daf27721ba157cd2ac5d7662d4c8d75f8

This is fixed in git, we just need to wait for a new build in Fedora.

--
Mark Knoop

Re: segfault in 2.19.45

Kevin Barry
> Hi, Fedora lilypond maintainer.  We've actually got our 2.19.45 patched, but
> the update was superceded by 2.19.46.  If you do sudo dnf update lilypond*
> --enablerepo=updates-testing you should get it.

Many thanks; this fixed it!