score layout

seng_liang
Hi, I am typing a score for a work for voice and strings and I have a problem
with the score layout. I am using Lilypond version 2.7.12 for Windows (98).
Here is the file:

\version "2.7.12"
\relative {

\new ChoirStaff <<
\new GrandStaff <<
\new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Violins 1" c1 } >>
\new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Violins 2" c } >> >>
\new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Viola" \clef alto c } >>
\new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Voice" c } >>
\new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Bass" \clef bass c, } >> >> }

As you can see, the score layout used is the old-styled layout, where the voice
staff lies between the viola and the bass. This layout is perfect except for
one thing; How do I connect the vertical barlines between the viola staff and
the violin staff above? The barline break between the viola and voice staff, as
well as between the voice and bass staff, is intended though.
Thank you very much.
Yours sincerely,
Seng Liang.

Re: score layout

Nicolas Sceaux
Seng Liang  <[hidden email]> writes:

> \version "2.7.12"
> \relative {
>
> \new ChoirStaff <<
> \new GrandStaff <<
> \new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Violins 1" c1 } >>
> \new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Violins 2" c } >> >>
> \new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Viola" \clef alto c } >>
> \new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Voice" c } >>
> \new Staff << { \set Staff.instrument = "Bass" \clef bass c, } >> >> }
>
> As you can see, the score layout used is the old-styled layout, where
> the voice staff lies between the viola and the bass. This layout is
> perfect except for one thing; How do I connect the vertical barlines
> between the viola staff and the violin staff above? The barline break
> between the viola and voice staff, as well as between the voice and
> bass staff, is intended though.

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2005-10/msg00042.html
for a possible solution.
nicolas