[rm-throwaway4@gunlab.com.ru.ru: Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)]

Roman V. Isaev-2

Oops, hit reply instead of group reply

----- Forwarded message from "Roman V. Isaev" <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 01:15:10 +0400
From: "Roman V. Isaev" <[hidden email]>
To: Bertalan Fodor <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)

On 06/05, Bertalan Fodor wrote:
> Use the character map. Or copy this: pi??. :-)

        Umm... now that's sure an item for the FAQ :-) Unfortunately
your letter turned into '??' by too smart MTA. I never understood
why replace foreign symbols with question marks -- just to
make sure that it's unreadable?..
        Anyway it works, unfortunately it doesn't work in vim for
windows, vim pastes something strange. I had to run notepad to insert
these symbols.

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia

Re: [rm-throwaway4@gunlab.com.ru.ru: Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)]

Mats Bengtsson-6
I wouldn't consider this a specific LilyPond issue. You will have
exactly the same problem if you write a text document or whatever
that requires some special characters. Especially, since people use
different editors and different operating systems, such a FAQ would
have to be extremely long to cover even the most commong cases.
I'm afraid it wouldn't help to have a list of characters in the
documentation either, since there's no guarantee that it works to
use copy/paste from the documentation reader to the editor.

    /Mats

Roman V. Isaev wrote:

> Oops, hit reply instead of group reply
>
> ----- Forwarded message from "Roman V. Isaev" <[hidden email]> -----
>
> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 01:15:10 +0400
> From: "Roman V. Isaev" <[hidden email]>
> To: Bertalan Fodor <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)
>
> On 06/05, Bertalan Fodor wrote:
>
>>Use the character map. Or copy this: pi??. :-)
>

> Umm... now that's sure an item for the FAQ :-) Unfortunately
> your letter turned into '??' by too smart MTA. I never understood
> why replace foreign symbols with question marks -- just to
> make sure that it's unreadable?..
> Anyway it works, unfortunately it doesn't work in vim for
> windows, vim pastes something strange. I had to run notepad to insert
> these symbols.
>

>>Bert

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing