\repeatTie does not hide TabNoteHead of tied note

\repeatTie does not hide TabNoteHead of tied note

Federico Bruni-2
Hi

Can't remember/find if I've made this answer before.
In the following example, you see that \repeatTie does not hide
TabNoteHead, while the TabNoteHead in the first volta is hidden.
Don't know if this is intended...

\version "2.19.46"

mus = \relative c' {
  \repeat volta 2 {
    c2 d~ |
  }
  \alternative {
    { d2 e }
    {
      % Inconsistent (?) behaviour unless you uncomment the following
line
      %\once\hide TabNoteHead
      d2\repeatTie c

  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff { \clef "treble_8" \mus }
    \new TabStaff \mus

  \layout { }

repeat-tie-tabnotehead.png (12K) Download Attachment

Re: \repeatTie does not hide TabNoteHead of tied note

Federico Bruni-2
Ok, apparently I forgot \hideSplitTiedTabNotes.
The thing is: I associate this name only with ties split over a line
break.
However, an alias named \hideRepeatedTiedTabNotes sounds too long?

Anyway, documentation is clear. I just need to memorize it.

"Ties over a line break are parenthesized by default. The same holds
for the second alternative of a repeat."
"The command \hideSplitTiedTabNotes cancels the behavior of engraving
fret numbers in parentheses:"