quoting percent repeats

Paul Scott
Should the MWE below work?

If it doesn't how do I engrave the percent symbol for a workaround?

(My understanding of the internals docs is weaker than it should be.)

TIA,

Paul

\version "2.20.0"

xNotes = { \repeat percent 4 c''1 }
\addQuote qx \xNotes

yNotes = { \cueDuring qx #up R1*4 }

\score{ \yNotes }

Re: quoting percent repeats

Paul Scott
A better example would be:

\version "2.20.0"

xNotes = { \repeat percent 4 c''1 }
\addQuote qx \xNotes

yNotes = { \quoteDuring qx s1*4 }

\score{ \yNotes }

On 3/17/20 1:20 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
> Should the MWE below work?

Re: quoting percent repeats

Kevin Barry
Hi Paul,

Your example compiles for me, but I'm not sure what you are trying to
do or what the expected output is. Could you please provide more
information about what you are trying to do?

Best wishes,
Kevin

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 at 20:27, Paul Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A better example would be:
>
> \version "2.20.0"
>
> xNotes = { \repeat percent 4 c''1 }
> \addQuote qx \xNotes
>
> yNotes = { \quoteDuring qx s1*4 }
>
> \score{ \yNotes }
>
> On 3/17/20 1:20 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
> > Should the MWE below work?

Re: quoting percent repeats

Paul Scott
I would expect the output to have simple percent signs in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bars.

Paul

On Mar 19, 2020, at 1:21 AM, Kevin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Your example compiles for me, but I'm not sure what you are trying to
> do or what the expected output is. Could you please provide more
> information about what you are trying to do?
>
> Best wishes,
> Kevin
>
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 at 20:27, Paul Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A better example would be:
>>
>> \version "2.20.0"
>>
>> xNotes = { \repeat percent 4 c''1 }
>> \addQuote qx \xNotes
>>
>> yNotes = { \quoteDuring qx s1*4 }
>>
>> \score{ \yNotes }
>>
>> On 3/17/20 1:20 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
>>> Should the MWE below work?

Re: quoting percent repeats

Kevin Barry
Hi Paul,

I see the repeat signs in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bars when I engrave it.
I have attached what I see. How is it different from what you are
looking for?

Kevin

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 15:55, Paul Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would expect the output to have simple percent signs in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bars.
>
> Paul
>
> On Mar 19, 2020, at 1:21 AM, Kevin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Your example compiles for me, but I'm not sure what you are trying to
> > do or what the expected output is. Could you please provide more
> > information about what you are trying to do?
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Kevin
> >
> > On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 at 20:27, Paul Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> A better example would be:
> >>
> >> \version "2.20.0"
> >>
> >> xNotes = { \repeat percent 4 c''1 }
> >> \addQuote qx \xNotes
> >>
> >> yNotes = { \quoteDuring qx s1*4 }
> >>
> >> \score{ \yNotes }

test.png (11K) Download Attachment

Re: quoting percent repeats

Paul Scott
Those are single beat repeat marks (slashes).  They should be percent signs.

Thank you for looking at this,

Paul

On Mar 19, 2020, at 1:38 PM, Kevin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I see the repeat signs in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bars when I engrave it.
> I have attached what I see. How is it different from what you are
> looking for?
>
> Kevin
>
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 15:55, Paul Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would expect the output to have simple percent signs in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bars.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2020, at 1:21 AM, Kevin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> Your example compiles for me, but I'm not sure what you are trying to
>>> do or what the expected output is. Could you please provide more
>>> information about what you are trying to do?
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Kevin

> <test.png>

Re: quoting percent repeats

Kevin Barry
Hi Paul,

OK I see the problem. In my opinion this is a bug. In the
circumstances I think you should find a workaround that prints the
output you want. (I can't recommend anything because I don't know the
motivation for quoting repeat signs.)

Kevin