"Resouces" link on webpage

Graham Percival

On 20-Jul-05, at 1:44 PM, Fairchild wrote:
> Now, the links at the top of lilypond.org are "Home, Introduction,
> About,
> Download, Documentation, and Development."  Might someone willing and
> capable add "Resources" to include links to LSR, music dictionaries
> on-line,
> scheme texts, PostScript guides, Mutopia, individuals' pages
> containing ly
> scores, and other things users find useful?

Currently LSR is listed on the "documentation" page, but I'm not opposed
to adding links to a scheme manual or tutorial, mutopia, other lilypond
pages, and whatnot.
This isn't a priority for me, though.

Thoughts?

Re: "Resouces" link on webpage

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Graham Percival wrote:

> On 20-Jul-05, at 1:44 PM, Fairchild wrote:
>
>> Now, the links at the top of lilypond.org are "Home, Introduction, About,
>> Download, Documentation, and Development."  Might someone willing and
>> capable add "Resources" to include links to LSR, music dictionaries
>> on-line,
>> scheme texts, PostScript guides, Mutopia, individuals' pages
>> containing ly
>> scores, and other things users find useful?
>

> Currently LSR is listed on the "documentation" page, but I'm not opposed
> to adding links to a scheme manual or tutorial, mutopia, other lilypond
> pages, and whatnot.
> This isn't a priority for me, though.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes,

* such links stale rather quickly.

* Who will responsible for keeping them up to date

* What's the criterion for including a link?

Personally, I think that it would be good if someone starts a "lilypond
links" page, to which we can link with a single link. Another option is
starting a wiki; however already tried twice, and have been rather
disappointed with the result.

Re: "Resouces" link on webpage

Graham Percival

On 28-Jul-05, at 1:48 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> * such links stale rather quickly.
>
> * Who will responsible for keeping them up to date

Good points; I'm content to drop this unless somebody offers to
maintain it.

Re: "Resouces" link on webpage

John Mandereau
Graham Percival wrote:
> On 28-Jul-05, at 1:48 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > * such links stale rather quickly.
> >
> > * Who will responsible for keeping them up to date
> >
> Good points; I'm content to drop this unless somebody offers to
> maintain it.
>
> - Graham

I'm OK with writing such a "lilypond links" page and maintaining it.

There is already a page devel/misc/links that could be included in this
new page, as the links are (nearly) still good. The FAQs contents "using
MIDI keyboard", "I don't want to learn another syntax" and "I want to
have a GUI" may also be moved to this links page, with links from rhe
FAQ, so nearly all links are centralized in one page.

The directory devel/misc seems to contain old pages, but still can be
accessed through FAQ > "I don't want to learn another syntax" > about
ETF. The page devel/misc/conferences should be simply deleted, because
all links are broken.

The page about/publications may also be moved to this new section
"resources".

So, if you agree, I'll be ready to work on all that when I'm back, on
August 14th.

--
John Mandereau <[hidden email]>