putting bracket above fingering instruction

putting bracket above fingering instruction

Rob van den Berg-2
I mainly use lilypond for writing/arranging educational music for my
keyboard and piano students.
In the books we use it is common practice to put a small brack (┌┐)
above a fingering instruction when the hand has to change position on
the keyboard.
How can I achieve this with lilypond and if it can't be done could
this become a sponsered feature :-)

Regards,
Rob

Re: putting bracket above fingering instruction

Mats Bengtsson-6
Do you mean something similar to what's described in "8.5.6 Analysis
brackets"
or maybe ^\downbow described in "6.5.1 Articulations"?

/Mats

Rob van den Berg wrote:

>I mainly use lilypond for writing/arranging educational music for my
>keyboard and piano students.
>In the books we use it is common practice to put a small brack (┌┐)
>above a fingering instruction when the hand has to change position on
>the keyboard.
>How can I achieve this with lilypond and if it can't be done could
>this become a sponsered feature :-)
>
>Regards,
>Rob

        Mats Bengtsson