ps2png - a python script

Anna Choma
Hello,

I have installed 2.7.22 version of Lilypond. There is no any more
script ps2png. I've read in the archive, that a debian user should
install tth package. It is a ps2png program in tth package, but it is
not the same program (it doesn't work properly). I've got the script
ps2png.py from the lilypond web (getting lilypond 2.4.5), but have
problems with compiling it. Does anybody now how to install only
ps2png.py? Or may anybody send me this script in a compiled version?
It was very, very useful.

Best regards,

Anna Choma

Re: ps2png - a python script

Mats Bengtsson-6
If you have ImageMagick installed, a good alternative is the program
"convert".
For example, you can do
convert myfile.ps myfile.png

   /Mats

Anna Choma wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have installed 2.7.22 version of Lilypond. There is no any more
>script ps2png. I've read in the archive, that a debian user should
>install tth package. It is a ps2png program in tth package, but it is
>not the same program (it doesn't work properly). I've got the script
>ps2png.py from the lilypond web (getting lilypond 2.4.5), but have
>problems with compiling it. Does anybody now how to install only
>ps2png.py? Or may anybody send me this script in a compiled version?
>It was very, very useful.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Anna Choma

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: ps2png - a python script

Anna Choma
Thanks. I had problems with using "density" parameter in convert
(I wanted a high resolution image), which is not quite the same as the
-R option in ps2png.

BR,

Anna Choma