point and click broken?

Tapio Tuovila
Hi,
with lilypond 2.7.32 (compiled from source tarball) point and click
works normally, on console window it also announces
lilypond-invoke-editor (GNU LilyPond) 2.7.32

whereas with lilypond compiled from 2.7.37 tarball or ChangeLog/1.4725
nothing happens when the mouse pointer is moved on the notehead, it does
not change to a finger-shaped pointer (xpdf) and when clicked on the
notehead still nothing happens, also no announcements on console window
are shown.

All the above mentioned versions compiled from source on SuSE 10.0 and
the resulting pdf files shown with xpdf 3.00

greetings, Tapio

Re: point and click broken?

Tapio Tuovila
Hi,
as no one seems to be particularly interested in this 'point and click
-stuff' I decided to elaborate my message a little:

Seems like something happened to p&c between 2.7.36 and 2.7.37. I have
tested both versions from the GUB -package with the following input:

\paper {
    ragged-right = ##t
    }
 \relative {
     d8 fis
     }

Attached you have the resulting pdf-files, one compiled from the code
above with 2.7.36 and the other with 2.7.37. On suse linux 10.0.

- It seems to me, that the one compiled with 2.7.36 has the textedit
links (or whatever they are called) as it should whereas the one
compiled with version 2.7.37 has not. I did try these .pdf files with
xpdf and acroread and both gave similar results.

- But perhaps I am missing something?
greetings, Tapio

2-7-36.pdf (19K) Download Attachment
2-7-37.pdf (20K) Download Attachment

Re: point and click broken?

Johannes Schindelin
Hi,

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Tapio Tuovila wrote:

> as no one seems to be particularly interested in this 'point and click
> -stuff' I decided to elaborate my message a little:
>
> Seems like something happened to p&c between 2.7.36 and 2.7.37.

That helped, thank you! I just bisected through these revisions, and the
"culprit" was this commit:

    (grob-cause): replace backslashes by /
    (glyph-string): use ~$ for less decimals for glyph-string and
        grob-cause.

It tries to make the PostScript more readable by formatting decimal
numbers with only two digits after the dot. However, you need to pass it a
number, not a formatted string... Please find attached a patch which fixes
that.

Ciao,
Dscho

point-and-click.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: point and click broken? SOLVED

Tapio Tuovila
Johannes Schindelin kirjoitti:

> However, you need to pass it a
> number, not a formatted string... Please find attached a patch which fixes
> that.
>
> Ciao,
> Dscho
Yep, now it works again. Thanks!

my best, Tapio

Re: point and click broken?

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> That helped, thank you! I just bisected through these revisions, and the
> "culprit" was this commit:
>
>     (grob-cause): replace backslashes by /
>     (glyph-string): use ~$ for less decimals for glyph-string and
> grob-cause.
>
> It tries to make the PostScript more readable by formatting decimal
> numbers with only two digits after the dot. However, you need to pass it a
> number, not a formatted string... Please find attached a patch which fixes
> that.

thanks. APplied.

LilyPond Software Design
  -- Code for Music Notation