png

Stephen-7
How do I produce a png file using Lilypond 2.6.0 for Windows?

Stephen

Re: png

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Stephen writes:

> How do I produce a png file using Lilypond 2.6.0 for Windows?

Supply the --png command line option.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: png

More general, how do you add a flag to the LilyPond command
in Windows?

I have just installed the Windows version myself for the first
time, but so far I have come with the following two alternatives.
Maybe someone has a better answer.

Alternative 1:
 - Add C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond.exe
   to the PATH environment variable (Right-click My Computer -> Properties
   -> Advanced -> Environment Variables on Windows XP)
 - Open a command prompt, change to the directory where you have
   your file.
 - run the lilypond command as described in the manual, i.e.
   lilypond --png myfile.ly
   in this particular case

Alternative 2:
 - Right-click on the "LilyPond" icon on the desktop" -> Properties
   -> Shortcut
   In the Target: field, add "--png" after the "...\lilypond.exe",
   i.e. something like:
   "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond.exe"  "--png"
 - Drag and drop your .ly file to the LilyPond icon as usual.
 - If you want to use some other flag, you have to redo the first
   step again.

   /Mats

Quoting Stephen <[hidden email]>:

> How do I produce a png file using Lilypond 2.6.0 for Windows?
>
> Stephen

Re: png

Stephen-7
For Alternative 1, you should not include the name of the program, just the
path to it, but it does not work for me. Alternative 2 does work. I am using
an XP PC.

Stephen