partcombine confused by dynamics and differing note lengths

partcombine confused by dynamics and differing note lengths

Rutger Hofman-2
Good afternoon Bug List,

I stumble into a partcombine bug. At times, \partcombine extends
hairpins over (possibly long) stretches to the wrong terminating
dynamic. In the top staff of the attached MWE, the erroneous behaviour
is shown. The bottom staff group shows the intended behaviour. If I
specify any of \partcombineApart or \partcombineChords, the bug
disappears, second and third staves.

Cordial greetings from Amsterdam,

Rutger Hofman

falla-amor-brujo-trp-1-2.ly (971 bytes) Download Attachment
falla-amor-brujo-trp-1-2.preview.png (31K) Download Attachment

Re: partcombine confused by dynamics and differing note lengths

Palmer Ralph
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Rutger Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good afternoon Bug List,
>
> I stumble into a partcombine bug. At times, \partcombine extends hairpins
> over (possibly long) stretches to the wrong terminating dynamic. In the top
> staff of the attached MWE, the erroneous behaviour is shown. The bottom
> staff group shows the intended behaviour. If I specify any of
> \partcombineApart or \partcombineChords, the bug disappears, second and
> third staves.
>
> Cordial greetings from Amsterdam,
>
> Rutger Hofman

Thanks, Rutger Hofman. This has been submitted as Issue #5142 partcombine
can't handle simultaneous hairpins.

All the best,

Ralph