opening lilypond

Wayne Williams
I can't even open it, the PDF file comes up but then what do I do. I've downloaded the test. How do I write my music. Is there Tab and Note format on the same page.

Re: opening lilypond

Graham Percival

On 7-Jul-05, at 8:27 PM, Wayne Williams wrote:

> I can't even open it, the PDF file comes up but then what do I do.
> I've downloaded the test. How do I write my music. Is there Tab and
> Note format on the same page.

I assume that you're running windows; Lilypond is quite different from
the programs you're used to.  You write music as text; please read the
tutorial for an explanation of how to do this.