odd behaviour of \partCombine with \tag

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

odd behaviour of \partCombine with \tag

Joseph Chrestien

Hello all,


I think I might have found some kind of bug with \partCombine, hoping this is not useless noise. I did find a workaround, so it's no big problem, but maybe somebody can shed light on what is wrong.


I'm using a \tag marker in a voice context, because I want the MIDI output to behave differently thant the PDF, inserting a slight skip (s4) between note groups without changing anything to the \layout score.


So I created this musical variable :

```

cesure = {
  \tag #'audio s4
}

```


Then I used ` \keepWithTag #'otherTag  ` to tell the layout I don't want any of these \cesure objects printed in the PDF.

As a strange result, not all notes were printed to the partCombine staff, whereas they are printed normally in the separate parts.


Below is my example code (including my workaround), I tried to make it as clear as possible.


Hope this can help somebody someday.

Cheers,

Joseph



http://lilybin.com/424sit/3



\version "2.18.2"
cesure = {
  \tag #'audio s4^"I'm invisible"
}

TenorMusic =     \relative c' {
  \tempo 4=190
  \time 3/1
  g\breve  a1 \cesure
  b\breve c1 \cesure
  d\breve e1
}

BassMusic = \relative c {
  e\breve     f1 \cesure
  g\breve e1 \cesure
  f\breve g1
}

myBuggyScore =  {
<<
   \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Tenor" \clef "G_8" \TenorMusic >>
   \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Bass" \clef bass \BassMusic >>
   \new PianoStaff  <<
          \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = \markup{\bold Buggy}
          \new Staff <<
            \clef bass
            \set Staff.printPartCombineTexts = ##f

            \partcombine
            <<
              % \keepWithTag #'visuel {\TenorMusic}
              \TenorMusic
            >>
            <<
              %\keepWithTag #'visuel {\BassMusic}
              \BassMusic
            >>
          >>
    >>
>>
}


myWorkaroundScore = {
<<
   \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Tenor" \clef "G_8" \TenorMusic >>
   \new Staff << \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Bass" \clef bass \BassMusic >>
   \new PianoStaff  <<
          \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = \markup{\bold Fine}
          \new Staff <<
            \clef bass
            \set Staff.printPartCombineTexts = ##f

            \partcombine
            <<
              \keepWithTag #'visuel {\TenorMusic}
              % \TenorMusic
            >>
            <<
              \keepWithTag #'visuel {\BassMusic}
              % \BassMusic
            >>
          >>
    >>
>>
}



\bookpart {
  \score {
    \keepWithTag #'visuel \myBuggyScore
    \layout { }
  }
  \score {
    \keepWithTag #'visuel \myWorkaroundScore
    \layout { }
  }
}

\score {

  \keepWithTag #'audio \myBuggyScore  % this midi output is OK

  \midi{ }
}








_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user