no PDF generated whit lily 2.4.6 in Cygwin

no PDF generated whit lily 2.4.6 in Cygwin

anders stenberg
Hello!

Seems to  be the season of problems generating PDF- s.
Have run Lilypond 2.4.2  for some time on Cygwin whith a jEdit Editor front.
Did update recently to 2.4.6 but didnt get PDF- s any more.
Have tied to re install including manually  deleting the whole Cygwin
set up and installing anew one.  I still dont get  any PDF- s  (anoying
since  getting the output for print in a format  anybody can  print
after  getting a  Acrobat reader  is one  of the things I like about
lilypond.

sugestions to get it working as it used to? Is this a bug?

Anders Stenberg

RE: no PDF generated whit lily 2.4.6 in Cygwin

Fairchild
Message

I am using 2.4.6, jEdit, Windows XP.  Processing the ly file with lilypond, with no arguments, produces the pdf file just fine.  The View output (PDF) from jEdit doesn't work, but the View PDF with external PDF-viewer does.  The pdf file can also be read with Acrobat just as any other pdf file.

Are your LilyTool options set correctly?  Mine are:

                                                       - Bruce

RE: no PDF generated whit lily 2.4.6 in Cygwin

Fairchild
Anders -

Send a small ly file that causes the problem.  I'll try it with my setup.

Also send the information on Plugins > Plugin Options > LilyTool.

                        - Bruce

Re: no PDF generated whit lily 2.4.6 in Cygwin

anders stenberg
Hi!

Ups!
Silly mistake!
"Defect  keyboarduser- component"
I usually  putt  a separate Score block  in the file when generating the
MIDI as this is an easy way to get repeats and other things to work out
in  the MIDI. This time I didn't and forgot to put in a Layout block to
get the printables. Corrected this and it works as it should.

Yours Anders Stenberg

Fairchild wrote:

>Anders -
>
>Send a small ly file that causes the problem.  I'll try it with my setup.
>
>Also send the information on Plugins > Plugin Options > LilyTool.
>
>                        - Bruce

I hope you know how to run LilyPond from the Cygwin command window.
In that case, please run the command with the extra flag
lilypond --verbose ...
and send the corresponding output to the mailing list, then maybe
someone can provide more hints on what's wrong.

   /Mats