need help with a c++ procedure

Mark Polesky
continued from:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-08/msg00436.html

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make something like an `installed-font?'
scheme procedure, but it looks like I need a c++ procedure
first.  Something like `ly_font_config_get_fonts', exactly
like the following except it would return the list of fonts
instead of displaying it.  This is from
font-config-scheme.cc:

   LY_DEFINE (ly_font_config_display_fonts, "ly:font-config-display-fonts", 0, 0, 0,
              (),
              "Dump a list of all fonts visible to FontConfig.")
   {
     string str = display_list (NULL);
     str += display_config (NULL);

     progress_indication (str);

     return SCM_UNSPECIFIED;
   }

I know almost nothing about c++, so if anyone could help,
that would be awesome.

Thanks.
- Mark

Re: need help with a c++ procedure

Frédéric Bron
> I'm trying to make something like an `installed-font?'
> scheme procedure, but it looks like I need a c++ procedure
> first.  Something like `ly_font_config_get_fonts', exactly
> like the following except it would return the list of fonts
> instead of displaying it.  This is from
> font-config-scheme.cc:

Something like the attached patch? But if you need a link to scheme, I
do not know how to do it.

Frédéric