more problems with 2.5.27 :)

Roman V. Isaev

        1. lilypad eats first character from command line argument. If I
try to open canzone.ly it will say that there is no file "anzone.ly" and
if I try to open d:\.....\canzone.ly it will try to open :\.....\canzone.ly

        2. piu forte snippet from lilypond database doesn't work anymore :( I
used this:

piuf = \markup { \italic "pi\\`u" \dynamic "f" }

but now it draws pi\'u f instead of that 'u' with apostrophe above.  I don't
see anything in the manual about entering such letters... what part
I did miss this time?..

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia

Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Roman V. Isaev writes:

> 1. lilypad eats first character from command line argument. If I
> try to open canzone.ly it will say that there is no file "anzone.ly" and
> if I try to open d:\.....\canzone.ly it will try to open :\.....\canzone.ly

Thanks.  This will be fixed in the next release.  It turned out, that
on some versions of Windows, main () does not see argv[0].  And I only
debugged in wine until now.

> 2. piu forte snippet from lilypond database doesn't work anymore :( I
> used this:
>
> piuf = \markup { \italic "pi\\`u" \dynamic "f" }

\`u is a TeX construct.  2.5.x does not use TeX anymore, you can now
use plain รน.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)

Roman V. Isaev
On 06/05, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > 2. piu forte snippet from lilypond database doesn't work anymore :( I
> > used this:
> > piuf = \markup { \italic "pi\\`u" \dynamic "f" }
> \`u is a TeX construct.  2.5.x does not use TeX anymore, you can now
> use plain ?.

        How? I know only english and cyrillic layouts. Even if I install another
language keymap I still would not know what keys to press... most people
are bilingual and have no means of entering something that they can't
type. I switched to 2.5 exactly because of Unicode support to use Russian
in scores, but why drop these \'u & co niceties? At least may be it would
help if lilypond documentation will include all languages alphabets to do
cut'n'paste (somewhat lousy solution, but better than nothing I guess)...

        BTW, since this piuf is not very rare dynamics mark may be it's time
to include it into lilypond distribution? :)

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia

Re: more problems with 2.5.27 :)

Bertalan Fodor
Use the character map. Or copy this: pi??. :-)

Bert