midi lyrics; lyric retention

Cordilow
I would like to see midis that retain the song lyrics. This would be nice for creating midis for Karaoke use. For example, to use with programs such as vanBasco's Karaoke Player (a free program that is rather nice for such stuff).

Re: midi lyrics; lyric retention

Mats Bengtsson-4
It does! At least it used to do in earlier versions of Lilypond. I just
tried with versions 2.7 and 2.6 and for the latest 2.7.x, I can see
that the lyrics are included in the .midi file, even though I haven't
checked with any MIDI player. In version 2.6, on
the other hand, it seems that the lyrics are missing, probably a bug.
Which version do you use (always tell!)?

   /Mats

Quoting cordilow <[hidden email]>:

> I would like to see midis that retain the song lyrics.
>
> This would be nice for creating midis for Karaoke use.
>
> For example, to use with programs such as  vanBasco's Karaoke Player  (a
> free program that is rather nice for such stuff).
> Sent from the Gnu - Lilypond - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: midi lyrics; lyric retention

Cordilow
I use Lilypond 2.6.5 for Windows (the non-Cygwin
version).  I'm using Windows 2000.
The lyrics don't show up when I edit the midis in Anvil
Studio, or when I view them
with Noteworthy Player, or vanBasco's Karaoke Player.
I don't recall this working in
version 2.4.6 for Cygwin either.  Those are the only
versions I've tried with this, however.

Also, the tempo I enter for the midis doesn't seem to
have any effect on them
(with these two versions); I usually just change it in
Anvil Studio if I need to.
I don't know of a way to effectively change the lyrics
outside of Lilypond, though.

Thanks!