.mid/.midi in Binary

Will Oram
Is it just me, or is the OS X version of lily .30 spitting out .mid
files now instead of .midi? This is a much friendlier suffix for the
common Mac user to handle, IMO. Good move.

Minor problem: only the first piece of \book blocks is in .mid format.
All others past it end in .midi.

Best,

Will Oram // Genius @ Large // AIM spamguy21
spamguy (at) foxchange (dot) com // wro1 (at) cwru (dot) edu

Re: .mid/.midi in Binary

Erik Sandberg
On Tuesday 14 June 2005 04.19, Will Oram wrote:
> Is it just me, or is the OS X version of lily .30 spitting out .mid
> files now instead of .midi? This is a much friendlier suffix for the
> common Mac user to handle, IMO. Good move.
>
> Minor problem: only the first piece of \book blocks is in .mid format.
> All others past it end in .midi.

I can't reproduce, all my files are named .midi. Do you have an example .ly
that shows this behaviour?

Erik

Re: .mid/.midi in Binary

Will Oram
Sure.

\score {
        \new Staff { a4 b c d }

        \midi { }
}

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 09.00, Will Oram wrote:
> Sure.
>
> \score {
>  \new Staff { a4 b c d }
>
>  \midi { }
> }

Strange, it doesn't happen here (Ubuntu). Graham, can you reproduce?

> On Jun 14, 2005, at 1:51 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 June 2005 04.19, Will Oram wrote:
> >> Is it just me, or is the OS X version of lily .30 spitting out .mid
> >> files now instead of .midi? This is a much friendlier suffix for the
> >> common Mac user to handle, IMO. Good move.
> >>
> >> Minor problem: only the first piece of \book blocks is in .mid format.
> >> All others past it end in .midi.
> >
> > I can't reproduce, all my files are named .midi. Do you have an
> > example .ly
> > that shows this behaviour?
> >
> > Erik

Re: .mid/.midi in Binary

Graham Percival

On 14-Jun-05, at 12:30 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 09.00, Will Oram wrote:
>> \score {
>>  \new Staff { a4 b c d }
>>
>>  \midi { }
>> }
>
> Strange, it doesn't happen here (Ubuntu). Graham, can you reproduce?

I get .midi, but this is fink/self-compiled OSX, not the binary
package.  Sorry.

Re: .mid/.midi in Binary

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Erik Sandberg wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 09.00, Will Oram wrote:
>
>>Sure.
>>
>>\score {
>> \new Staff { a4 b c d }
>>
>> \midi { }
>>}
>

> Strange, it doesn't happen here (Ubuntu). Graham, can you reproduce?

this is done by the Macos X wrapper, so that's correct.