master branch ambiguous

Han-Wen Nienhuys

hi,

i've just finished setting up the git repository on savannah, and I've
hit the first snag. There are two master branches (one for lilypond, and
web/master for the website). This makes pushing a bit awkward. You have
to use

   git push ssh:-savannah-addres-  mybranch:refs/heads/master

to push to the main master branch.

Re: master branch ambiguous

Werner LEMBERG

> You have to use
>
>    git push ssh:-savannah-addres-  mybranch:refs/heads/master
>
> to push to the main master branch.

Have I?  My fingers have just been faster than my brain, and I just
typed `git-push', without any arguments, and everything seems to be
fine, according to

  http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=summary

     Werner

Re: master branch ambiguous

Johannes Schindelin

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> i've just finished setting up the git repository on savannah, and I've hit the
> first snag. There are two master branches (one for lilypond, and web/master
> for the website). This makes pushing a bit awkward. You have to use
>
>   git push ssh:-savannah-addres-  mybranch:refs/heads/master
>
> to push to the main master branch.

I find it very convenient to set a "remote": after doing

$ git-repo-config remote.sav.url ssh:-savanna-address-
$ git-repo-config remote.sav.push mybranch:refs/heads/master

once, you can do the aforementioned push via

$ git push sav

Hth,
Dscho