make error when building

Gauvain Pocentek-3
Hi,

I tried to build Lily for the first time today, and I got this error
message :

    mf-nowin -progname=mf "\mode:=laserjet; nonstopmode; input feta11.mf;"
    This is METAFONT, Version 2.7182 (Web2C 7.4.5)
    kpathsea: Running mktexfmt mf.base
    fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
    I can't find the base file `mf.base'!
    make: *** [out/feta11.tfm] Erreur 1

Is this a problem with LilyPond ? I don't think so...
How could I resolve this ?

Re: make error when building

Mats Bengtsson-6
It's a problem with your teTeX installation. You didn't say what
system you use, but my guess is that teTeX has been split into
several packages on your particular Linux distribution and that
you need to install some more (possibly something with metafont, mf or
-dev in the name).

However, why compile yourself when there are nice installers available
at www.lilypond.org that work directly on most systems?

   /Mats

Gauvain Pocentek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to build Lily for the first time today, and I got this error
> message :
>
>    mf-nowin -progname=mf "\mode:=laserjet; nonstopmode; input feta11.mf;"
>    This is METAFONT, Version 2.7182 (Web2C 7.4.5)
>    kpathsea: Running mktexfmt mf.base
>    fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
>    I can't find the base file `mf.base'!
>    make: *** [out/feta11.tfm] Erreur 1
>

> Is this a problem with LilyPond ? I don't think so...
> How could I resolve this ?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: make error when building

Gauvain Pocentek-3
Mats Bengtsson a ?crit :

> It's a problem with your teTeX installation. You didn't say what
> system you use, but my guess is that teTeX has been split into
> several packages on your particular Linux distribution and that
> you need to install some more (possibly something with metafont, mf or
> -dev in the name).

I'm using Ubuntu Linux. The 'fmtutil.cnf' file exists but I guess it
should be at another place.

> However, why compile yourself when there are nice installers available
> at www.lilypond.org that work directly on most systems?

The installer works fine with Ubuntu, I just wanted to try...

--
Gauvain Pocentek
<[hidden email]>