lyrics format

Arthur Dyck
I am using 2.6.4 on Linux Mandrake 10.1.  Upon occasion I have a series of
words sung to one note in free time.  When that note is in the middle of a
bar, the lyrics center themselves nicely under that note.  However, when the
note is the first note of a line, the lyrics extend past the left side of the
stave.  Is there a way to correct that?

Regards

Arthur

Re: lyrics format

Arthur Dyck
I found a solution.  I put the first word of the string under a regular note
and then the remainder of the string under a hidden note.  Works very nicely.

Arthur

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 12:55 pm, Arthur Dyck wrote:

> I am using 2.6.4 on Linux Mandrake 10.1.  Upon occasion I have a series of
> words sung to one note in free time.  When that note is in the middle of a
> bar, the lyrics center themselves nicely under that note.  However, when
> the note is the first note of a line, the lyrics extend past the left side
> of the stave.  Is there a way to correct that?
>
> Regards
>
> Arthur

Re: lyrics format

Mats Bengtsson-6
If you want a syllable (in your case "a sequence of words combine into a
syllable")
left aligned under a note instead of centered, you can insert a
\once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
just before the syllable. Of course, if you want to do it often, you
probably
want to define a macro like

leftaligned = \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT

and just write \leftaligned before a syllable you want left aligned.

   /Mats

Arthur Dyck wrote:

>I found a solution.  I put the first word of the string under a regular note
>and then the remainder of the string under a hidden note.  Works very nicely.
>
>Arthur
>
>On Wednesday 09 November 2005 12:55 pm, Arthur Dyck wrote:
>

>>I am using 2.6.4 on Linux Mandrake 10.1.  Upon occasion I have a series of
>>words sung to one note in free time.  When that note is in the middle of a
>>bar, the lyrics center themselves nicely under that note.  However, when
>>the note is the first note of a line, the lyrics extend past the left side
>>of the stave.  Is there a way to correct that?
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Arthur

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing