ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Manuela
Hi all,

I was looking for the Lilypond source for the example gallery http://lilypond.org/examples.html (which I thought that could be really enlightening sometimes) and did not find any. I searched Github too, with no result.

Are the sources for these examples on the LP-website or somewhere else and am I just missing the obvious?

Thanks,
Manuela

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 13:26, Manuela Gößnitzer
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> I was looking for the Lilypond source for the example gallery
> http://lilypond.org/examples.html (which I thought that could be
> really enlightening sometimes) and did not find any. I searched
> Github too, with no result.
>
> Are the sources for these examples on the LP-website or somewhere
> else and am I just missing the obvious?

LilyPond source code is hosted on Savannah:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=tree;f=Documentation/ly-examples;h=4eab3f8de7d5612d45b4818d7fc1ab077eeed080;hb=HEAD

Some time ago we discussed about the idea of adding a link to the
source code of each example...

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Martin Tarenskeen

On Mon, 29 May 2017, Manuela Gößnitzer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was looking for the Lilypond source for the example gallery http://lilypond.org/examples.html (which I thought that could be really enlightening
> sometimes) and did not find any. I searched Github too, with no result.
>
> Are the sources for these examples on the LP-website or somewhere else and am I just missing the obvious?
>
> Thanks,
> Manuela

Hi,

In addition to Manuela's question:
What's happening with the stems below the lower staff of the Granados
example on that page? If we want to show what LilyPond scores can look like this is not
what we want want people to see.

MT

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Federico Bruni-2
Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 13:41, Martin Tarenskeen
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> In addition to Manuela's question: What's happening with the stems
> below the lower staff of the Granados example on that page? If we
> want to show what LilyPond scores can look like this is not what we
> want want people to see.

Known problem with dpreview.. see issues 2968, 2849, 2330 and 625 on
the tracker.

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Kieren MacMillan-2
Hi all,

> Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 13:41, Martin Tarenskeen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> In addition to Manuela's question: What's happening with the stems below the lower staff of the Granados example on that page? If we want to show what LilyPond scores can look like this is not what we want want people to see.
>
> Known problem with dpreview.. see issues 2968, 2849, 2330 and 625 on the tracker.
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/2968/

So why use it? Surely there are other ways to generate this image that don’t suffer this way?
(It’s never happened to me on Mac OS X, but maybe I’m generating images differently?)

It really is unacceptable, especially given how much we explicitly praise Lilypond’s output.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Manuela
Thanks for the link, I think it would be a good idea to add it on the homepage,
greetings,
Manuela

Hi all,

> Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 13:41, Martin Tarenskeen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> In addition to Manuela's question: What's happening with the stems below the lower staff of the Granados example on that page? If we want to show what LilyPond scores can look like this is not what we want want people to see.
>
> Known problem with dpreview.. see issues 2968, 2849, 2330 and 625 on the tracker.
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/2968/

So why use it? Surely there are other ways to generate this image that don’t suffer this way?
(It’s never happened to me on Mac OS X, but maybe I’m generating images differently?)

It really is unacceptable, especially given how much we explicitly praise Lilypond’s output.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 15:46, Kieren MacMillan
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
>>  Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 13:41, Martin Tarenskeen
>> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>>  In addition to Manuela's question: What's happening with the stems
>>> below the lower staff of the Granados example on that page? If we
>>> want to show what LilyPond scores can look like this is not what we
>>> want want people to see.
>>
>>  Known problem with dpreview.. see issues 2968, 2849, 2330 and 625
>> on the tracker.
>>  https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/2968/
>
> So why use it? Surely there are other ways to generate this image
> that don’t suffer this way?
> (It’s never happened to me on Mac OS X, but maybe I’m generating
> images differently?)
>
> It really is unacceptable, especially given how much we explicitly
> praise Lilypond’s output.

A first "workaround" could be linking to the PDF instead of the PNG.
The image on the HTML page would still be cut, but if you click on it
you could see the PDF in its full format.
It should be as easy as changing the format of the <a href> link in
macros.itexi

If you think it's a good temporary workaround (until the main bug is
fixed), I can prepare a patch.

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Phil Holmes

See https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5140/

--
Phil Holmes

Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 18:44, Phil Holmes <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni"
> <[hidden email]>

I didn't see any email on lilypond-devel.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-05/threads.html

Rietveld isn't working correctly?

ha scritto:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <[hidden email]>