line break error in tied chords

Vincent-35
The following example gives the following error several times in the log:

programming error: infinity or NaN encountered while converting Real number
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: setting to zero
continuing, cross fingers

if there's no \break then there's no error. Note that there's a collision
with the articulation too, probably as a side effect of the error.

I think this error has been reported recently. Here's a ly example.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.7.6"

\relative c'
{
        R1 * 4

        r2 r4 r16 <b' e a>8^> <b e a>16^> ~
        \break
        <b e a>4 r4 r2
}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% EOF

thanks and greetings,

Vincent

Re: line break error in tied chords

Vincent-35
Sorry, the example is for version 2.7.7, not 2.7.6 as stated in the ly file

> The following example gives the following error several times in the log:
>
> programming error: infinity or NaN encountered while converting Real
> number
> continuing, cross fingers
> programming error: setting to zero
> continuing, cross fingers
>

> if there's no \break then there's no error. Note that there's a
> collision with the articulation too, probably as a side effect of the
> error.
>
> I think this error has been reported recently. Here's a ly example.
>

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \version "2.7.6"
>
> \relative c'
> {
> R1 * 4
>
> r2 r4 r16 <b' e a>8^> <b e a>16^> ~
> \break
> <b e a>4 r4 r2
> }
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% EOF
>
> thanks and greetings,
>
> Vincent

Re: line break error in tied chords

Han-Wen Nienhuys
VSD wrote:
> The following example gives the following error several times in the log:
>
> programming error: infinity or NaN encountered while converting Real number
> continuing, cross fingers
> programming error: setting to zero
> continuing, cross fingers

Thanks,  fixed in CVS.