lilypond score in youtube video

m.tarenskeen

Hi,

I want to make some YouTube video's combining audio and Lilypond created
pages.
I don't mind to do some simple video editing manually, so not everything
needs to be totally automized.

The idea is to output some png images from my lilypond score to use in my
video editing software and synchronize the pageturns with a corresponding
audio track. The audio may be created either from a MIDI track generated
by LilyPond, or from a real human recording.

I am probably not the first person who tried this. So maybe you can
share your experience?

Q1: What pagesize and staffsize do you recommend to use in my lilypond
score? Does anyone have an example or template that works well?

Q2: On the commandline if I use the --png option, what
resolution xxx do you recommend for the  option -deresolution=xxx?

Q3: What good-enough-for-this-purpose audio and video fileformats and
audio and video resolution/size should I use for such YouTube video's?

MT

P.S. I want to use such video's as part of my online musiclessons for my
pupils. COVID-19 forces me to learn many new skills. Take care everyone.
Hope everyone is well.

Re: lilypond score in youtube video

Noeck
Hi Martin,

there is ly2video by Adam Spiers:
https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video

And you will find more in this thread from 2016:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Generation-of-Notation-Videos-with-Lilypond-Tool-Chain-td188204.html

One main idea is to use an infinitely wide page and just one line:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/one_002dline-page-breaking
and then scroll horizontally trough it.

HTH
Joram

Re: lilypond score in youtube video

Karlin High
On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 5:34 AM Martin Tarenskeen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want to make some YouTube video's combining audio and Lilypond created
> pages.

I think Knut Petersen's MKVIDEO works much like you've described. I've
used it for several score video projects.

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-07/msg00234.html>
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-11/msg00095.html>
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-11/msg00098.html>

--