lilypond fonts and inkscape

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

lilypond fonts and inkscape

Pedro Kröger

Hi,

How do I tell inkscape where lilypond fonts are? Incidentally, what kind
of (lily) font inkscape uses? I've read that it doesn't support svg
fonts.

I'm asking this because when I open a svg file generated with lily
2.7.13 It is using 'bitstream vera' and there is no sign of lilypond
font. (of course I get blank boxes instead of note heads)

Cheers,

Pedro Kröger


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Pedro Kröger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I tell inkscape where lilypond fonts are? Incidentally, what kind
> of (lily) font inkscape uses? I've read that it doesn't support svg
> fonts.
>
> I'm asking this because when I open a svg file generated with lily
> 2.7.13 It is using 'bitstream vera' and there is no sign of lilypond
> font. (of course I get blank boxes instead of note heads)
>

put emmentaler-20.otf in ~/.fonts.



--
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Pedro Kröger
Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> writes:

> put emmentaler-20.otf in ~/.fonts.

thanks, it worked. But there still one blank box left:

http://www.pedrokroeger.net/lilypond/inkscape.png

Pedro Kröger


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Pedro Kröger wrote:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>
>>put emmentaler-20.otf in ~/.fonts.
>
>
> thanks, it worked. But there still one blank box left:
>
> http://www.pedrokroeger.net/lilypond/inkscape.png

you need to put the aybabtu.otf font in there too.

--
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Pedro Kröger
Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> writes:

> you need to put the aybabtu.otf font in there too.

I did. In fact I put all otf fonts there:

[17:52:21] phoenix kroger $ ls  /home/kroger/.fonts/*.otf
/home/kroger/.fonts/aybabtu.otf        /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-18.otf
/home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-11.otf  /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-20.otf
/home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-13.otf  /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-23.otf
/home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-14.otf  /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-26.otf
/home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-16.otf

but the problem remains.

Pedro Kröger


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Pedro Kröger wrote:

> Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>
>>you need to put the aybabtu.otf font in there too.
>
>
> I did. In fact I put all otf fonts there:
>
> [17:52:21] phoenix kroger $ ls  /home/kroger/.fonts/*.otf
> /home/kroger/.fonts/aybabtu.otf        /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-18.otf
> /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-11.otf  /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-20.otf
> /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-13.otf  /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-23.otf
> /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-14.otf  /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-26.otf
> /home/kroger/.fonts/emmentaler-16.otf
>
> but the problem remains.

You should be able to figure it out yourself, by looking at the PDF
original, or opening the XML view for the box in  inkscape.

--
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Pedro Kröger
Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> writes:

> You should be able to figure it out yourself, by looking at the PDF
> original, or opening the XML view for the box in  inkscape.

thanks for the clue. I didn't knew any of this (this is the first time
I'm using inkscape).

It's definitely  related to the Aybabtu font. This is the char that is
not been shown:

<text style="font-family:Aybabtu;font-style:Regular;font-size:4.0;text-anchor:west;" fill="currentColor">
<tspan>
&#xe234;</tspan>
</text>

I'll look further to see if there is something broke in my system.

Pedro Kröger


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[OT] was: Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Sean Reed
btw:

this program (inkscape) looks excitingly promising as an alternative  
to illustrator, but unfortunately opening .ps files appears to still  
only be a working function on linux and not yet on osx!

does anyone know of a similar open source svg oriented program with  
which a person can, for example, make manual tweaks to postscript files?

best,
sean



--------------------------------------------
Sean Reed
Hamburg, Germany
Web: www.seanreed.de

On 08.11.2005, at 02:37, Pedro Kröger wrote:

> Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>
>> You should be able to figure it out yourself, by looking at the PDF
>> original, or opening the XML view for the box in  inkscape.
>>
>
> thanks for the clue. I didn't knew any of this (this is the first time
> I'm using inkscape).
>
> It's definitely  related to the Aybabtu font. This is the char that is
> not been shown:
>
> <text style="font-family:Aybabtu;font-style:Regular;font-size:
> 4.0;text-anchor:west;" fill="currentColor">
> <tspan>
> &#xe234;</tspan>
> </text>
>
> I'll look further to see if there is something broke in my system.
>
> Pedro Kröger
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> lilypond-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
>



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] was: Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Markian Hlynka

On Nov 9, 2005, at 3:09, Sean Reed wrote:

> btw:
>
> this program (inkscape) looks excitingly promising as an  
> alternative to illustrator, but unfortunately opening .ps files  
> appears to still only be a working function on linux and not yet on  
> osx!
>
> does anyone know of a similar open source svg oriented program with  
> which a person can, for example, make manual tweaks to postscript  
> files?

I'm pretty sure you can do this with one of the adobe products...  
Freehand or Illustrator? I can't recall. I know it's commercial, but  
there is it.

Markian



_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] was: Re: lilypond fonts and inkscape

Erik Sandberg
In reply to this post by Sean Reed
On Wednesday 09 November 2005 11.09, Sean Reed wrote:
> btw:
>
> this program (inkscape) looks excitingly promising as an alternative
> to illustrator, but unfortunately opening .ps files appears to still
> only be a working function on linux and not yet on osx!

I've been playing with inkscape too, with similar experience IIRC. Due to the
nature of PostScript, it is difficult (or even impossible) to create a
program that can import any PostScript file.

It might work better if you do ps2ps or ps2pdf on the file before importing.

--
Erik


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user