lilypond export

Jan-Peter Voigt
Hi list-members,

I have been working on an export module for lilypond. The last month
there was no time to work on it. So I send you this link despite its
pre-alpha state, because otherwise the project might fall asleep ;-)

https://github.com/jpvoigt/lilypond-export

It is designed as an openlilylib-plugin so you should clone it next to
oll-core (if you want to try it) It comes with one example file that
shows the core commands.

Now, if you import lilypond-export/package.ily you have a command and a
context-mod in place to export music with or without typesetting it:

music = { ... }
\exportMusic \default xml \music

will export a MusicXML-file <document>.xml in many cases. Well, it is in
pre-alpha stage, but for example if you have a simple choir piece, it
should produce a MusicXML-file that can be read by MuseScore.
The other exporter produces Humdrum, that can for example be tested at
http://verovio.humdrum.org/

The exporter uses some engravers to collect all note-events and store
them in a tree-structure. The exporter-modules then traverse the tree
and writes the corresponding strings to the output file. Right now ties
and slurs are not collected, but lyrics are exported to XML. Beams are
watched and exported.

This is one first sketch how it should work. There is a lot to do to add
basics, like ties and slurs, and to make it a stable export module that
is able to handle complex scores. But I appreciate any feedback and
maybe someone likes to collaborate?

Best
Jan-Peter

Re: lilypond export

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Jan-Peter,

> I have been working on an export module for lilypond. […]
> you have a command and a context-mod in place to export music with or without typesetting it

This is very exciting! Thanks for the great work.

> I appreciate any feedback and maybe someone likes to collaborate?

I will test and give feedback. If there's a way I can contribute beyond that, I will do my best!

Cheers,
Kieren.