lilypond error

Scott Russell-7
Hello Han-Wen and Jan,

using Lilypond version 2.6.3 for Mac OS X (thanks for the GUI, by the
way!)

The following code ...

% all kinds of stuff before this, including

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
\override Score.BarNumber #'transparent = ##t
\cadenzaOn

% #### Line 2 ####

a,16 bes1 ( g8 ) e1 \breathe
e'16 e1 ( cis!8 ) bes1 \breathe
g'16 g2 ( fis!16 [ g e cis! d dis e bes! a gis a ] c8 [ bes a8. )
g16 ] g4. ( f8 ) f2 \breathe

\cadenzaOff
\time 4/4
\revert Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent

\partial 16*5

a16\pp^\markup { Moderato } ( bes b c cis

\break

% all kinds of stuff after this

.... produced the following compile error ...

programming error: No spacing entry from BreathingSign to `time-
signature'
continuing, cross fingers

The output looks fine - it's just a compile-time error that you can
probably deal with easily.

I used Lilypond 2.2.x for the musical examples in my doctoral
dissertation. Since the topic of my dissertation was Gallay's Non-
Measured Preludes for Horn, Lilypond provided much more flexibility
and control than other notation programs. And the improvements I'm
seeing in 2.6.x - wow! Keep up the great work.

Best wishes,
Scott
--
Scott Russell

IT Support Engineer, Office of Information Technologies, University
of Notre Dame
Instructor of Horn, Saint Mary's College
Assistant Horn, South Bend Symphony Orchestra

205 DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
574-631-2698
[hidden email]
http://www.nd.edu/~srussel2/

Re: lilypond error

Mats Bengtsson-6
Thanks for the report, I have added a spacing entry so that LilyPond knows
what space to use between breathing signs and time signatures.

   /Mats

Scott Russell wrote:

> Hello Han-Wen and Jan,
>
> using Lilypond version 2.6.3 for Mac OS X (thanks for the GUI, by the
> way!)
>
> The following code ...
>
> % all kinds of stuff before this, including
>
> \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
> \override Score.BarNumber #'transparent = ##t
> \cadenzaOn
>
> % #### Line 2 ####
>
> a,16 bes1 ( g8 ) e1 \breathe
> e'16 e1 ( cis!8 ) bes1 \breathe
> g'16 g2 ( fis!16 [ g e cis! d dis e bes! a gis a ] c8 [ bes a8. )  g16
> ] g4. ( f8 ) f2 \breathe
>
> \cadenzaOff
> \time 4/4
> \revert Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent
>
> \partial 16*5
>
> a16\pp^\markup { Moderato } ( bes b c cis
>
> \break
>
> % all kinds of stuff after this
>
> .... produced the following compile error ...
>
> programming error: No spacing entry from BreathingSign to `time-
> signature'
> continuing, cross fingers
>
> The output looks fine - it's just a compile-time error that you can
> probably deal with easily.
>
> I used Lilypond 2.2.x for the musical examples in my doctoral
> dissertation. Since the topic of my dissertation was Gallay's Non-
> Measured Preludes for Horn, Lilypond provided much more flexibility
> and control than other notation programs. And the improvements I'm
> seeing in 2.6.x - wow! Keep up the great work.
>
> Best wishes,
> Scott

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing