lilypond-book and srcltx

Erik Sandberg
Hi,

I'm attempting to use srcltx with my lilypond-book creations (to enable
point-and-click / inverse search). I'm having one problem with it:
lilypond-book modifies the number of lines in lilypond blocks, so the
backward references to the source files are broken.

I have created a workaround that's good enough for myself. My solution is to
strip all newlines from the code inserted by lilypond-book, and to add as
many newlines that the original .ly code contained. The fix has the benefit
that srcltx works well with it, and it has the drawback that lilypond-book's
output .tex files become less readable.

Do you find it sensible to backport this fix to the official lilypond-book
script?

--
Erik

Re: lilypond-book and srcltx

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Erik Sandberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to use srcltx with my lilypond-book creations (to enable
> point-and-click / inverse search). I'm having one problem with it:
> lilypond-book modifies the number of lines in lilypond blocks, so the
> backward references to the source files are broken.
>
> I have created a workaround that's good enough for myself. My solution is to
> strip all newlines from the code inserted by lilypond-book, and to add as
> many newlines that the original .ly code contained. The fix has the benefit
> that srcltx works well with it, and it has the drawback that lilypond-book's
> output .tex files become less readable.
>
> Do you find it sensible to backport this fix to the official lilypond-book
> script?

Yes, but put the alternative (with line breaks) behind a switch to
appease us debuggers.