lily/parser.yy rev 1.476

Sven Axelsson
* lily/parser.yy (score_body): \score can only begin with Music.

No, it can begin with \header too, and this change (i think) is
causing errors when I try version 2.7.3.

--
Sven Axelsson

Re: lily/parser.yy rev 1.476

Graham Percival

On 27-Jul-05, at 4:10 AM, Sven Axelsson wrote:

> * lily/parser.yy (score_body): \score can only begin with Music.
>
> No, it can begin with \header too, and this change (i think) is
> causing errors when I try version 2.7.3.

I believe that this is a new feature.  Han-Wen, could you confirm?
\score _must_ begin with music now?  I'll need to clarify the docs
with this in mind.

Does this change anything for short (ie scoreless) input files?  ie

\version "2.7.3"
\header{ title = "foo"}
{ c'4 }

will that be kosher in the future?

Re: lily/parser.yy rev 1.476

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Graham Percival wrote:

> On 27-Jul-05, at 4:10 AM, Sven Axelsson wrote:
>
>> * lily/parser.yy (score_body): \score can only begin with Music.
>>
>> No, it can begin with \header too, and this change (i think) is
>> causing errors when I try version 2.7.3.
>

> I believe that this is a new feature.  Han-Wen, could you confirm?
> \score _must_ begin with music now?  I'll need to clarify the docs
> with this in mind.

I changed this, because allowing it forces us to use a rather unclear
the error message if you put 2 musics inside a score ("Already got music")

> \header{ title = "foo"}
> { c'4 }
>

> will that be kosher in the future?

yes.

> > On 27-Jul-05, at 4:10 AM, Sven Axelsson wrote:
> >
> >> * lily/parser.yy (score_body): \score can only begin with Music.
> >>
> >> No, it can begin with \header too, and this change (i think) is
> >> causing errors when I try version 2.7.3.
> >

> > I believe that this is a new feature.  Han-Wen, could you confirm?
> > \score _must_ begin with music now?  I'll need to clarify the docs
> > with this in mind.
>
> I changed this, because allowing it forces us to use a rather unclear
> the error message if you put 2 musics inside a score
> ("Already got music")
>
> > \header{ title = "foo"}
> > { c'4 }
> >

> > will that be kosher in the future?
> >

> yes.

But not
\score {
  \header { title = "foo" }
  { c'4 }
}
then?

Feels a bit illogical to put the header after the music, but if this is
how it's going to be, then ok.

--
Sven Axelsson

Re: lily/parser.yy rev 1.476