left-hand marking

Tom Sgouros
Hello all:

How does one mark notes that should be played with the other hand in piano music?

I'm thinking about notes in the treble clef that should be played with the left hand crossed over, or notes at the top of a bass clef chord that should be played with the right hand.

I've seen brackets extending from the other clef, for the chord, as well as little "L.H" marks. (Or "M.S." or "M.D." depending.) Is there a Lilypond-canonical way to indicate this?

Thank you,

 -Tom

Re: left-hand marking

Martín Rincón Botero
Hi Tom,

perhaps \arpeggioBracket does what you want?

Cheers,
Martín.

On Wed 16. Sep 2020 at 14:30 Tom Sgouros <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all:

How does one mark notes that should be played with the other hand in piano music?

I'm thinking about notes in the treble clef that should be played with the left hand crossed over, or notes at the top of a bass clef chord that should be played with the right hand.

I've seen brackets extending from the other clef, for the chord, as well as little "L.H" marks. (Or "M.S." or "M.D." depending.) Is there a Lilypond-canonical way to indicate this?

Thank you,

 -Tom

RE: left-hand marking

Mark Stephen Mrotek

Tom,

I do not know of a canonical way, yet here is code the create “thumb brackets.”

Mark

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-11/txt6sGQp9BPp7.txt

 -Tom

Re: left-hand marking

Tom Sgouros
Thank you. Had to hunt for "thumbBracket.ily", but this has the output I want, even if I was hoping for simpler.

And thank you also for the arpeggiobracket suggestion. That might also work.

 -Tom

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:05 AM Mark Stephen Mrotek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Tom,

I do not know of a canonical way, yet here is code the create “thumb brackets.”

Mark

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-11/txt6sGQp9BPp7.txt

 -Tom

RE: left-hand marking