\killCues vs. redefining \cueDuring

Werner LEMBERG

There are two solutions to suppress cue notes in a full score.

Let's assume that file foo.ily defines a `foo' music macro:

  foo = \relative c' {
    \queDuring ...

The same for all other parts.

. Solution 1: Redefine `cueDuring' to do nothing before inclusion of
              the parts.

    cueDuring = #(define-music-function
                  (parser location what dir main-music)
                  (string? ly:dir? ly:music?)
                  main-music)

    \include "foo.ily"
    \include "bar.ily"

      \new Staff \foo
      \new Staff \bar

. Solution 2: Do not redefine `cueDuring' but use \killCues.

    \include "foo.ily"
    \include "bar.ily"

      \new Staff { \killCues \foo }
      \new Staff { \killCues \bar }

I wonder whether solution 1 (which I prefer since it is less typing)
is really equivalent to solution 2, or whether there are drawbacks
I've missed.

    Werner