indent in \paper for a multiple-books file not working?

indent in \paper for a multiple-books file not working?

Thomas Morley-2
Hi,

while trying to set a \paper in a file with multiple books I noticed
the `indent'-setting is not working.
One can do so in layout, though.

Is it a bug or feature?

All other toplevel settings (header, layout) are respected and/or
modified by new settings inside of the books as wished.

\paper {
   ragged-right = ##f
   indent = 70
}

\header {
  dedication = "for me"
}

\layout {
  \override NoteHead.color = #cyan
  %indent = 70
}

\book {
    \paper { #(set-paper-size "a3landscape") }
    \header { title = "book1" }
    { c'1 }
}

\book {
    \paper { #(set-paper-size "a5") }
    \header { title = "book2" }
    { d'1 }

  Harm

Re: indent in \paper for a multiple-books file not working?

Thomas Morley-2
> Usually, placing the \layout block inside a \score block seems to work

Thanks for your reply.
I was aware of this possibility, though.

Quoting the NR \paper variables for shifts and indents
"
indent

The level of indentation for the first system in a score. If the paper
size is modified, this dimension’s default value is scaled
accordingly. The space within line-width available for the first
system is reduced by this amount. indent may also be specified in
\layout blocks to set indents on a score-by-score basis.
"

So I'd like to decide wether the quoted passage is not complete
(indent in toplevel-output-def for multiple books should be specified
in \layout instead of \paper) or if it's a bug.

Cheers,
  Harm