ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score

ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score

Bugzilla from f.hammer@web.de
Hello.

I'am typing on Sonata for Violin and Piano A-major from G.F.Handel for
Mutopia.
here is the actual package:

http://violin-unterricht.de/A_major_HWV_361.tar.gz

As you can see I have the violin-parts twice.
To avoid senseless pagebreakings i have to make a lot of \break \noBreak and
\noPageBreak in the violin-1-4.ly files for printing the solo part.

But if i want to print the whole score (violin+piano) a cannot use the
violin-part with \break \noBreak an \noPageBreak because they destroy the
score-layout.

So i have a "clean" violin-part for printing the score. But now i have to do
all changes for violin in to files :(

Is there an option to ignore \break ... commands from the violin-part to print
the score?

greeings
Felix Hammer

Re: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score

Gilles Sadowski
Hi.

> Is there an option to ignore \break ... commands from the violin-part to print
> the score?

%-----
\version "2.6.3"

theMusic = \relative c' {
  a b c d \tag #'part { \break } a b c d

%  \theMusic
  \removeWithTag #'part \theMusic

  \layout {}
}
%-----

Best,
Gilles

Re: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score

Graham Percival-2

On 14-Dec-05, at 3:33 AM, Felix Hammer wrote:

> Is there an option to ignore \break ... commands from the violin-part
> to print
> the score?

Use \tag.  See "multiple editions from the same source".

Re: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score

Magnus Lewis-Smith
> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:33:28 +0000 (UTC)
 > From: Felix Hammer <[hidden email]>
 > Subject: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score
 > To: [hidden email]
 >
 > Hello.

 > As you can see I have the violin-parts twice.
 > To avoid senseless pagebreakings i have to make a lot of \break
 > \noBreak and
 > \noPageBreak in the violin-1-4.ly files for printing the solo part.
 >
 > But if i want to print the whole score (violin+piano) a cannot use
 > the
 > violin-part with \break \noBreak an \noPageBreak because they destroy
 > the score-layout.
 >
 > So i have a "clean" violin-part for printing the score. But now i
 > have to do  all changes for violin in to files :(
 >
 > Is there an option to ignore \break ... commands from the violin-part
 > to print the score?

When I am transcribing music, I set up variables
   myBreak = \break      % comment out for final version
   myNoBreak = \noBreak  % comment out for final version
   %% myBreak = {}          % uncomment for final version
   %% myNoBreak = {}        % uncomment for final version
etc, which I liberally scatter throughout the code.  Then I can switch
to the no-op version when I want to turn the breaking off

Magnus

Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2005 19:33 schrieb Graham Percival:
> On 14-Dec-05, at 3:33 AM, Felix Hammer wrote:
> > Is there an option to ignore \break ... commands from the violin-part
> > to print
> > the score?
>
> Use \tag.  See "multiple editions from the same source".
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

much thx. that was what i'am looking for.

greetings
felix

Re: ignore \break \noBreak \noPageBreak commands for the score

Mats Bengtsson-6
A third alternative is to define an extra "line of music" that only
contains the break commands (and other differences between the
instrumental part and the score):
scorespecifics = { \skip 1*24 \break \skip 1*35 \break }
violinpartspecifics = { \skip 1*18 \break }

and then include these in the respective score blocks:
% Instrumental part:
\score{
  \new Staff << \violinpartspecifics \violinmusic >>
}

% Score:
\score{
  <<
    \new Staff << \scorespecifics \violinmusic >>
    \new Staff { \violamusic }

However, the \tag feature is probably the most convenient solution.

   /Mats

Felix Hammer wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2005 19:33 schrieb Graham Percival:
>

>>On 14-Dec-05, at 3:33 AM, Felix Hammer wrote:
>>

>>>Is there an option to ignore \break ... commands from the violin-part
>>>to print
>>>the score?
>>>

>>Use \tag.  See "multiple editions from the same source".
>>
>>Cheers,
>>- Graham
>>

>much thx. that was what i'am looking for.
>
>greetings
>felix

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing