http://lilypond.org/contact.html

Rafael Fontenelle
Hello,

When listing contact for "Other languages", the "Portuguese group" is
listed, however the URL leads to a Google Groups named
"LilyPond-Brasil". "Portuguese group" seems like it is an European
Portuguese group.

So, "Portuguese group" should be "Brazilian Portuguese group" (related
to the language) or "Brazilian group" (related to the people).

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

Re: http://lilypond.org/contact.html

Federico Bruni-2
   I think the current 'Portuguese group" - related to the language - is
   more inclusive of "Brazilian portuguese group", which may seem limited
   to the portuguese spoken in Brazil?
   When we say "French group" we don't have to specify all the countries
   where french is spoken. Same for spanish.
   I wouldn't change it.
   Il 03 ago 2018 10:38, Rafael Fontenelle <[hidden email]> ha
   scritto:

     Hello,
     When listing contact for "Other languages", the "Portuguese group"
     is
     listed, however the URL leads to a Google Groups named
     "LilyPond-Brasil". "Portuguese group" seems like it is an European
     Portuguese group.
     So, "Portuguese group" should be "Brazilian Portuguese group"
     (related
     to the language) or "Brazilian group" (related to the people).
     Best regards,
     Rafael Fontenelle

Re: http://lilypond.org/contact.html

David Kastrup
Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> writes:

>    I think the current 'Portuguese group" - related to the language - is
>    more inclusive of "Brazilian portuguese group", which may seem limited
>    to the portuguese spoken in Brazil?

We don't distinguish U.S. English and UK English either.  Several of our
active documentation writers are British while we usually try to keep to
American spellings.  I don't think this has led to problems yet.

Re: http://lilypond.org/contact.html

Rafael Fontenelle
Alright. I'll translate making it explicit for the reader that it is
about language, not people from a specific country.  Thanks David and
Federico!

Rafael Fontenelle