how to restore the override to it default.

how to restore the override to it default.

MING TSANG
Lilyponders,

The override take effect for bar 2 to bar 4. I try to use \remove , but not working.

  \fixed c' { c'4 b a g   %bar 1
     \override NoteHead.style = #'slash
     \override Stem.transparent = ##t
     \override Flag.transparent = ##t
     c'4 4 4 4   %bar 2
     b4 4 4 4   %bar 3
      % how can I restore to default - same as bar 1
     c'4 b a g  %bar 4

Thanks for the help.
Ming.

Re: how to restore the override to it default.

Malte Meyn-3

Am 07.05.19 um 21:30 schrieb MING TSANG:
> Lilyponders,
>
> The override take effect for bar 2 to bar 4. I try to use \remove , but
> not working.

The correct command is \revert:

\revert NoteHead.style

or

\revert Stem.transparent

MING TSANG <[hidden email]> writes:

> Lilyponders,
> The override take effect for bar 2 to bar 4. I try to use \remove ,
> but not working.
> \version "2.19.83"{  \fixed c' { c'4 b a g   %bar 1     \override
> NoteHead.style = #'slash     \override Stem.transparent = ##t
>  \override Flag.transparent = ##t     c'4 4 4 4   %bar 2     b4 4 4 4
>  %bar 3      % how can I restore to default - same as bar 1     c'4 b
> a g  %bar 4  }}
> Thanks for the help.Ming.

To restore an override, use \temporary \override paired with \revert .
If I remember correctly, it should be enough to override (and revert)
Stem.transparent since Flag inherits transparency from it by default.

Re: how to restore the override to it default.

MING TSANG
Thank you for the quick response, Malte Meyn and David Kastup.