how to increase Slur padding?

Kieren MacMillan
Hi all,

In a current engraving project, I’ve got lots of slurs which I don’t have time to \shape manually. Mostly, I’d just like a little more "padding" between the slur and the highest note in an arpeggiating pattern:

This could either be accomplished by making the slur a little "taller", or moving it a little up, or both.

I tried to adjust #'padding, but that didn’t work. I looked in #'details, but couldn’t make heads-nor-tails of which one(s) of the many parameters would be the one(s) to adjust.

Kieren.

Re: how to increase Slur padding?

Kieren MacMillan
Oh! Wait!
#'details.free-head-distance seems to be the parameter I need to adjust.

Sorry for the noise.
Hope this helps someone else one day.

Kieren.

> On Oct 21, 2018, at 9:28 PM, Kieren MacMillan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> In a current engraving project, I’ve got lots of slurs which I don’t have time to \shape manually. Mostly, I’d just like a little more "padding" between the slur and the highest note in an arpeggiating pattern:
>
> <Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.24.17 PM.png>
>
> This could either be accomplished by making the slur a little "taller", or moving it a little up, or both.
>
> I tried to adjust #'padding, but that didn’t work. I looked in #'details, but couldn’t make heads-nor-tails of which one(s) of the many parameters would be the one(s) to adjust.

> Thanks,
> Kieren.

Re: how to increase Slur padding?

Carl Sorensen-3

Slur.details.free-head-distance will do what you want.  Make it larger, and the slur will move away from the heads of the notes.

HTH,

Carl

From: Kieren MacMillan <[hidden email]>
Date: Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 7:28 PM
Subject: how to increase Slur padding?

cid:969B7066-9D30-48E7-BA31-DD9308C8857C@home

This could either be accomplished by making the slur a little "taller", or moving it a little up, or both.

I tried to adjust #'padding, but that didn’t work. I looked in #'details, but couldn’t make heads-nor-tails of which one(s) of the many parameters would be the one(s) to adjust.

Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
email: [hidden email]