how to fix this mess

Roman V. Isaev

Slur crosses decrescendo mark

http://www.soprano-recorder.ru/tmp/question.gif :
  fis2(  _\markup { " " \column { " " \italic \dynamic "p" } } \> g4) _\markup {
" " \column { " " \italic \dynamic "pp" } } \! r4 |
  \bar "|."

I used \markup because if I use \p and \pp things get hairy...

http://www.soprano-recorder.ru/tmp/question.gif :
  fis2( \p \> g4) \pp \! r4 |
  \bar "|."

What is the proper method to solve this problem?

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia

Re: how to fix this mess

Graham Percival

On 4-Jun-05, at 10:36 PM, Roman V. Isaev wrote:
> Slur crosses decrescendo mark
>
> What is the proper method to solve this problem?

Increase the #'padding property.  See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/
Common-tweaks.html

(I normally set it to #1.5  , if that looks too big I decrease it, but
it's a good number to start with)

Re: how to fix this mess

Roman V. Isaev
On 06/04, Graham Percival wrote:
> On 4-Jun-05, at 10:36 PM, Roman V. Isaev wrote:
> >Slur crosses decrescendo mark
> >What is the proper method to solve this problem?
> Increase the #'padding property.  See
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/
> Common-tweaks.html
> (I normally set it to #1.5  , if that looks too big I decrease it, but
> it's a good number to start with)

        I tried to increase padding:

\override Script #'padding = #5

it moved down tenuto and staccato marks a lot but did not do anything else
and "p > pp" picture crossed with slur remained the same...

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.gunlab.com.ru         Moscow, Russia

Re: how to fix this mess

Graham Percival

On 4-Jun-05, at 11:11 PM, Roman V. Isaev wrote:

> On 06/04, Graham Percival wrote:
>> On 4-Jun-05, at 10:36 PM, Roman V. Isaev wrote:
>>> Slur crosses decrescendo mark
>>> What is the proper method to solve this problem?
>> Increase the #'padding property.  See
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/
>> Common-tweaks.html
>> (I normally set it to #1.5  , if that looks too big I decrease it, but
>> it's a good number to start with)
>
> I tried to increase padding:
>
> \override Script #'padding = #5
>
> it moved down tenuto and staccato marks a lot but did not do anything
> else
> and "p > pp" picture crossed with slur remained the same...

Sorry, I should have pointed out the next two sections of the docs as
well.
You want

\override DynamicLineSpanner #'padding = #1.5